Wireless Internet for a Small Business?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Hi, we're looking to make our business wireless because it is small (only about 15 computers) and we move them around all of the time. So my question is this: is there a router designed to output that many wireless signals so that the internet would still maintain speed and performance good enough for simple tasks such as web browsing and email?

Because I assume a regular home linksys wireless router couldn't handle 15 computers... Thanks

These are desktops by the way, and i understand i would also have to buy wireless adapters (USB or PCI), so if youve got any recommendations for that too, thank you!

Go with something high end like a Cisco access point if you want something thats professional quality.

i think it really depends on what kinda net you have but i would say the best way is to get a 5 port switch and run several access points from it

yea you deffo need a decent internet connection no matter what the equipment is. id say for that many pc's around 8mb/s + is the minimum

I would try and stick with the same manufacturer to ensure good compatability between router and adapter

I have a Linksys wrt54gs at the hotel I work at. On the average I have 25 wireless connections going at any one time. Never noticed any slow down.
The thing is not all are sending or receiving at the same time. I'd go with a setup like I have here. One main router connected to the modem and two access points. I use the TP-Link TL-WA501G access point. Half the cost of the Linksys range extenders and light years ahead of them. Just disable the dhcp in the access points and let the router do all the work. To set up the basic system I have was under 200 dollars US money.
You can get the TP-Link goodies at smaller computer shops or www.intrex.com

Back
Top Bottom