Intel's C2Q, a real quad core?

lol i hate that about AMD
thats really the main reason i like intel better
same sockets been used for friken years
AMD switches every 5 days

Haha, it sure seems that way.
At least getting a 755 socket, and a 1333mhz motherboard futureproofs you for the minute.

I honestly do not understand the race for more cores in consumer PC's, since I don't have a single multithreaded app on my PC still.

I guess they are nearing the limit on what you can do as far as clock speeds and small architecture using ordinary conductors so they go for the next best thing? What do you guys think?

And I agree with the AMD socket comment.

well just because a computer app isnt designed for multi core
(witch windows vista and new games) dosnt mean that they dont get a performance boost because the computer can still run a lot of multiply apps with no performance lag

Well yeah there's that, but seriously... 4 cores. Think about it.
My brother's AMD 4000+ single core can run music, a fairly stressful game like CSS, and a web browser at the same time already. What else do you need?

I guess if Vista takes advantage of it it makes slightly more sense, so that you can use multiple programs while still focusing two cores on the OS, but yeah.
The only real uses of dual core I've had is running 2 Prime95's and running Source and a dedicated server at the same time.

I may be wrong though, I just noticed there's a SP for Flight Sim X. Did they make it multithreaded?

well im a gamer
so more cores always equal better because
i would love to run crysis in high settings while having music aim an antivirus scan going

I dunno, I just don't get it man. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I wanted a single core FX for my build but decided to go with X2 instead. Don't know if I'm happy with that decision right now.

= / dude your taking about a dual core or a single core
honestly not being happy with a dual core sounds retarded no affence
the performance of any thing doubles at lest

i mean dude dual core is always better than single core but as esa193 and other people said allot of software hasn't taken advantage of the extra core yet. i mean i would rather run a game like oblivion with no lag than any lag, even a very small amount. also people sometimes like to run alot of applications in the background, like running guild wars, firefox with a lot of tabs, ventrilo, mediamonkey, aim, and xfire running in the background simultaneously. even if these applications don't take allot of processing power you'll most likely wouldn't be able to with a single core at the same clock speed without lag.

Well here's the thing. My brother's 4000+ benchmarks and overclocks leaps and bounds above my X2. Except 2 Prime95's or CPU Test 2 in 3Dmark, which is a multi-threaded test. And I spent more.

Seriously he was running some stuff (Mainly Source) with higher framerates using his 7800GT card just because he can hit insane clock speeds and it seems to run better than mine.

I still can't really see the magic in Dual core, or Quad core for that matter. I've been running tons of apps for years and can't honestly see a vast improvement worth what I spent versus what I could've had, man. If I spent a lot less money on a FX processor and 939 board I'd be rocking SLI or a 7950 right now most likely.

Anyway, we've strayed from my original point. Why is everyone getting hyped up about quad core when I can count on my left hand how many apps take advantage of the dual core? I know I won't be buying one at least.

Back
Top Bottom