antivirus?

I'm not sure if there is a difference or not. I've heard there is though. The corporate ed. at school seems to be more lightweight on resources and doesn't have the same interface as the consumer editions do.

That's because admin's typically lock down the interface so users cannot access it ;)

Anyways, I was checking out more recent AV comparasions, NOD32 is still the best, McAfee is doing quite well (still a pain though), and Microsoft One Care is total crap.

The first word of the program's name should tell you that, "Microsoft" :D

To me Microsoft and Antivirus don't go together well on a program box but that's just my opinion. I've never tried it but I've heard it's not very good. Windows Defender is alright though for a free program.

I've used it once, if you can call installing it on a computer for a customer "using it". The layout sucked, and it was slow.

I'll agree with windows defender. Great program, not very intrusive or resource using.

How about for AV, spyware, and anti-spam? Norton has got to go.

I think you can be a little harsh on Norton, there INTERNET security is good and there anti spam is exceptional, I have only recently found one that can match there anti spam and thats kaspersky all the rest Ive tried either don't have it or are useless. but the down side to Norton is it does hog you computer a little but not as much as McAfee.

Back
Top Bottom