starcraft 2

spywarebanisher

Fully Optimized
i think blizzard is doing a bad job. i think they are foocusing too much on eye candy which if this is their goal they need to work on reducing lego look alikes and revenue. they are also being very unoriginal.
they stole the transform and roll out! quote from optimus prime, giving it to the vikings,(a transformable mech) and they stole many of the "innovative" ideas from other popular rts games such as the drop pods feature from command and conquer. they also are putting too much splash features in terran attacks even though this contradicts starcraft 1 because terran was made for being able to micro with. there isnt much micro anymore and starcraft 2 is going to be a macro only game if they dont change. the vulture replacement: cobra doesnt have any mines and can shoot while moving. doesnt this bring pros and noobs even closer on the performance scale? blizzard is trying way too hard to make starcraft 2 enjoyable for noobs.

another severe problem is dark templars. terran have nothing they can do against an early dark templar rush because they are cloaked and i dont think comsat is therea nymore. terran is also very vulnerable to zerg because vessels are gone. firebats are gone...dam... balance is gone...

No i think Blizzard is doing a nice job overall so far with all the units and gameplay mechanics, you have to consider, sure, terran has become considerably stronger since SC1, but terran was always a bit on the weaker side of things, and now that they're stronger, the Protoss have stepped up. I don't even want to know what the zerg have in store for us, but the game, as long as it's balanced, the pro will always come out on top, the game isn't becoming too automated i don't think, you really have to think now about how to compliment your forces, it isn't like SC1 in those money maps where people can just mass tanks and goliaths now, not with all these new units like the Colossus and immortal on the protoss side. I think starcraft 2 will be one of those games that are easy to learn, and will give newbies a decent footing, but in the end it will take alot of practice to get good, and once you do, you'll always have that edge against the less experienced players, whether it be through micromanagement or some other methodology of play.

as for darktemplar, it's easier to research missile turrets than it is to research a comsat station, and now with the new radar upgrade, terrans will be able to better defend incoming attacks, which was always the purpose of terran, the race has always been a monster at defense. vessels and firebats are gone, and i can see where you're going with the zerg, but blizzard works really hard to balance their games, and they're working even harder on it this time around than before, inviting professional korean players to help test game play. starcraft 2 will turn out alright i think, just give 'em time.

No i think Blizzard is doing a nice job overall so far with all the units and gameplay mechanics, you have to consider, sure, terran has become considerably stronger since SC1, but terran was always a bit on the weaker side of things, and now that they're stronger, the Protoss have stepped up. I don't even want to know what the zerg have in store for us, but the game, as long as it's balanced, the pro will always come out on top, the game isn't becoming too automated i don't think, you really have to think now about how to compliment your forces, it isn't like SC1 in those money maps where people can just mass tanks and goliaths now, not with all these new units like the Colossus and immortal on the protoss side. I think starcraft 2 will be one of those games that are easy to learn, and will give newbies a decent footing, but in the end it will take alot of practice to get good, and once you do, you'll always have that edge against the less experienced players, whether it be through micromanagement or some other methodology of play.

as for darktemplar, it's easier to research missile turrets than it is to research a comsat station, and now with the new radar upgrade, terrans will be able to better defend incoming attacks, which was always the purpose of terran, the race has always been a monster at defense. vessels and firebats are gone, and i can see where you're going with the zerg, but blizzard works really hard to balance their games, and they're working even harder on it this time around than before, inviting professional korean players to help test game play. starcraft 2 will turn out alright i think, just give 'em time.

actually comsat is btr cuz its not fixed to a specifics place like turret. u need an scv to make a turret and a dt can easily kill an scv. and there is basically no more micro. theres no point in it. almost all units have a splash thing so no need to micro. and i actually think terran has gotten TOO strong. wats with the ghosts drop pods? that just makes the ideal solution to building an army to build ghosts and keep dropping. and have u seen the nomad?! it doedsnt have irradiate and it look slike a flying scv.

actually comsat is btr cuz its not fixed to a specifics place like turret. u need an scv to make a turret and a dt can easily kill an scv. and there is basically no more micro. theres no point in it. almost all units have a splash thing so no need to micro. and i actually think terran has gotten TOO strong. wats with the ghosts drop pods? that just makes the ideal solution to building an army to build ghosts and keep dropping. and have u seen the nomad?! it doedsnt have irradiate and it look slike a flying scv.

well. i'm not sure how a flying scv counts as being overpowered, as you stated earlier, it doesn't have the irradiate capabilities that the science vessel did. the drop pods if i can recall reading have to be researched and built and can only hold light infantry which can easily be countered further into the game.. i wouldn't worry too much about balance, it's really what blizzard is known for.

well. i'm not sure how a flying scv counts as being overpowered, as you stated earlier, it doesn't have the irradiate capabilities that the science vessel did. the drop pods if i can recall reading have to be researched and built and can only hold light infantry which can easily be countered further into the game.. i wouldn't worry too much about balance, it's really what blizzard is known for.

balance is actually my second priority. my first is a lot of room for micromanagement.

As long as Blizzard doesn't screw it up like EA did with the C&C franchise I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom