liquids

Although it's a sweet idea, IF you can get it to work, don't think it'll act like a high end liquid cooling setup. There's no radiator or anything, so once the liquid heats up, it's pretty much stuck at that temperature.

I'm sure theres some ways of getting it cool.

Toms Hardware version running non-stop with tests, got to a max of 40 degrees C, and that system had no fans at all.

Although it's a sweet idea, IF you can get it to work, don't think it'll act like a high end liquid cooling setup. There's no radiator or anything, so once the liquid heats up, it's pretty much stuck at that temperature.

good point. u would either have to put some ice in, which is a bad idea or constantly change the liquid.

You can't use deionized water. There's a good chance it will ionize over time, ruining all your components.

LOL ice...frozen water...wait water conducts electricity...oh yeah ;)

You'd have to buy a pump and a radiator to keep it cool. Meaning you'd have to probably spend at least $150 more dollars.

I don't like the thought at having to clean it every week or so, you would have to have some kind of pump or piece of hose to drain it off unless you installed a stop tap somewhere, personally I think its not worth the hassle.

You can't use deionized water. There's a good chance it will ionize over time, ruining all your components.

You'd have to buy a pump and a radiator to keep it cool. Meaning you'd have to probably spend at least $150 more dollars.

If he was thinking sogrt tem like a day i would have said deionised water is gonna be cheapest and easiest to get hold of but if he is planning having it long term then no deionised water isnt too good . I wouldnt realy have something like this long term too much hassle

i said ice was a bad idea...:confused:

deionized ice! lol
any way im going to use an old p3 system so i really dont have to worry about heat..... its kinda just a cool little thing me and my friends wanna do but we'd like to have it for more then a day at lest a couple months..... theres got to be something besides olive and mineral oil i can use
id use olive but it looks to nasty and mineral oil i cant find in stores.....
(i dont want to have to order it over the net)

deionized ice! lol
any way im going to use an old p3 system so i really dont have to worry about heat..... its kinda just a cool little thing me and my friends wanna do but we'd like to have it for more then a day at lest a couple months..... theres got to be something besides olive and mineral oil i can use
id use olive but it looks to nasty and mineral oil i cant find in stores.....
(i dont want to have to order it over the net)

they arent in stores because its in the vets place. its for horses!

Back
Top Bottom