Learning Programming

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

id like to learn how to create various programs and would like to know how to get started.

what do i need to learn
can any1 reccomend some decent tutorials

any tips ?

I first started out learning html and then moved onto Batch scripts and Visual Basic. They are all pretty easy and fun to start out with. I don't have any particular tutorials I use though. Search in Google and you can find some great tutorials to start you out on your programming journey.:)

The following link has some great information and tutorials.

http://www.programmersbank.com/

My first programming language was python then visual basic 6.0. I only do computer programming as a hobby.

cheers guys ill look at them tomorrow.

i kinda know html tried java script and got bored but ill have a look at the ones you suggested

C++ is a good one harder to get a grip of than the others but alot more powerful, it's my first preference anyway.

C++ is really good in itself and there's people bolting custom libraries onto it. It can get really really complicated but ultimately it's the language of choice for most professionals, especially game programming.

Do you want to do web programing, or like, whassitcalled, do you want to end up with an EXE file?

What i recommend is using Just BASIC. It is very easy to learn, its free!, and if you need more power, upgrade to Liberty BASIC (not free, but worth every cent)

Or if you want to try web programming, try Run BASIC (free! but you can't put it on your own server yet. that part you will have to pay for.)

They all have great forums and wiki's!

Forums:
Liberty BASIC Forum
Just BASIC Forum
Run BASIC Forum (its just a board on the liberty basic forum)

Wiki's:
Just BASIC Wiki
Liberty BASIC Wiki
Run BASIC Wiki

C++ is really good in itself and there's people bolting custom libraries onto it. It can get really really complicated but ultimately it's the language of choice for most professionals, especially game programming.

I would argue this point as this is all poster-biased. These days in the "professional" world, they don't use a single language. I was working on the development of a game and we used Java/Python/C# and XML to design the game.

Each language had it's own need in our development. Mostly python for the scripts (click this - this happens), XML for the UI (User interface), C# and Java for the engine.

Any programming language can get complicated. It's a matter of how you program, and how you setup your code.

Do you want to do web programing, or like, whassitcalled, do you want to end up with an EXE file?

Java uses the JRE to compile, however there are translators which can produce EXEs just like C++. I know other languages also support this.

However, I may agree that C++ is a good starting language (Although I learned Java as my first language.)

Back
Top Bottom