Forum shop/arcade we should have one!

Okay I'm not sure if many of you are on any forums that have them but there a nice little bonus. Okay so heres the deal.

Each new post = $100 points/dollars
Each reply = $25 points/dollars
Say every 50 reps points you get $500 point bonus

Now heres what you do with them.
First off you have a points bank. You can keep the points/money in your wallet or put them in the bank and get say 4% interest on them.

With the money in your wallet you can buy certain things. Almost like self rewarding system of longevity for being on the forum. Here are some examples from my private poker forum. You can adjust the points/item to whatever you would want here this is just there.

Change color of your display name IE blue,orange,red etc $250.00
Change others title under the username $500.00
Change your username display for so many posts $500.00
Increase Karma/Rep 5 points $1500
Italic display name $750
Profile flag shows your country/state $750
Random money $500 get any amount from -1000 to Plus $1500
Steal money from another person $200 we have a forum called the jail that if you get caught stealing you get thrown in there for a day or two and can't post anywhere but the jail

Obviously there's other things we could do here like say $2000 credits ability to add a pic sig.

Now the store we run has limited stock of each item until its refilled. So say theres 50 of each item. As the item quanity prices can rise/fall and you have the option to trade or sell items. You could buy 2 of say change color of username. Then say its almost out of stock and a mod increases the price to say $2000 from $500 and you bought 3 @ $500 you could advertise your item for any list price say cut someone new a deal @1k.

I dunno you may think its stupid but its something different. Like I said we have some other options. Not sure if you can put up a arcade in or not. Thats pretty cool if we don't feel like playing poker we can make a challenge to a game and wager credits or set high scores.

Heres a link to the forum if you want to just check out some of the stuff we have in there. Not sure how much you can see without being a member but you may be able to check out the links to the shop and arcade.

Don't join the forum unless your a player cause its a poker forum mainly!
http://www.midnight.olicentral.com/index.php

that would be cool but is there a mod for vB that will do it??

im also 99.9% positive this wont happen

sounds ok but as much as i like mods and stuff i think this is a bit too far. this forum is mainly focused on computers so an arcade and stuff would just make it more social, which is a good thing but i think david wants to keep it as a computer forum, not expand the social side.
on another forum i go on (rarely) its massive, has so many sections, an arcade and all sorts of stuff. it works well, but thats because it doesnt just focus on one thing

It sounds good but I see some flaws like it encouraging people to over post to get there points up also you would get favoritism among friends eg those individuals repping each other all the time to get there points up and receive rewards, If it could be Marshalled in some way say a limit to repping the same person to no less than 3months then I don't see why not.

I like the for fifty rep points you get 200 dollars idea....

Actually I am always a supporter of rankings/scores etc. I love this system, but it would be awesome if we could have a little bit more.

Yeah, There is a mod. Can't remember where but theres this cell phone forum, they have CPF $ that they can spend on arcade games I believe... also change of name tag. And they get a certain amount every post.

Back
Top Bottom