Ok, what is the general consensus?

I can't see how:confused:

OK, is that pointless argument from the first 1.5 pages done, or should I close this? Both sides agreed that this is about opinions, but seemed pissed when the others opinion was different. Suck it up, that's life. No more ego trips.

As you can see, celegorm made sure the argument was over, and threatened to close the thread if the bickering did not cease. He told them to deal with other people's opinions and stop having ego trips.

I believe that took care of the situation.

Also, use the edit on your posts to add anything more to them if you wish to say something you didn't think of while you wrote the post.

Oh, you're instructing us now then?, hmmm.

No, i'm giving you advise on how to not break the rules you as a moderator should be following. I base this on..

David Lindon said:
Lastly, DO NOT DOUBLE, TRIPLE, OR QUADROUPLE POST

You may find the full list of rules here:
http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=4

A moderator, at a very basic level, should follow the rules set by the administrator. If you mistakenly made a double post because of a timeout or something like that, it's not a big deal.

But lets face it, you've made more consecutive posts on this forum than any other member.

These aren't opinions, they are facts.

Now if you don't mind, this thread needs to get back on topic. Until you came in here, it was getting there.

Oh, that makes it OK then, r-i-i-g-h-t.

Well how about I ask you question then.

True or false. Do you, or do you not, double, triple, and even sometimes quadruple post?

my "instructions" to you was simply a way to avoid all these consecutive posts. If you wish to blow me off as some ignorant moron, well, thats your choice.

I usually choose to blow MikeReiner off.... waiiit... that didn't sound right.

Anyways, guys I think that you are blowing this out of proportion. There is really nothing to bicker about. Mike was trying to help, Brook doesn't feel like that help is needed. The end. I do not see the argument. Besides, celegorm is gonna lock this as soon as he logs on so what is the point anyways?

I usually choose to blow MikeReiner off.... waiiit... that didn't sound right.

Anyways, guys I think that you are blowing this out of proportion. There is really nothing to bicker about. Mike was trying to help, Brook doesn't feel like that help is needed. The end. I do not see the argument. Besides, celegorm is gonna lock this as soon as he logs on so what is the point anyways?

The argument is that he took my advice the wrong way. He gives off the impression that he is completely oblivious to the fact he posts consecutively, and by his reaction to my advice,
I take it he thinks I'm trying to tell him how to do his job.. when in reality I am telling how to not break the rules set in place by the very individual who gave him the moderator privlidges in the first place.

Perhaps I'm out of line for saying so, but a moderator should follow the same rules that a normal user should.

I just want him to admit that he double+ posts. If he says he doesn't, then he will completely prove himself as an incompetent moderator.

I took a picture a long time ago of him making 5 posts in a row. I lost it though.

And what does that have to do with gaming?

I always appreciate arguments, but this one has gone on for like two pages, with another argument for the other two pages... Jeez.

Nothing. Ask brookfield. He was the one who came in here and tried to clean up a mess that was already cleaned up. I explained what was going on, and he broke a rule. I explained how he could avoid breaking the rule. He treated me like an idiot.

Now to attempt to get back on topic.. again..

My last question that had any merit was if anybody had played myst, anyone? my dad is interested in playing it, so i'm just curious.

Back
Top Bottom