crt looks better than lcd?

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
i have a crt monitor im gonna use for my build in my attic so i took it down to see if it still worked and to my suprise its looks better than my lcd why?

It depends on your LCD monitor.

LCD's are getting better than CRT, and now offer the same speed, and better contrast/brightness ratios.

Plus, if your LCD supports DVI, your also getting a full digital connection.

yeah i dont know why either but IMO unless your gonna spend like a few hundred on a decent LCD then you wont get the quality you get with CRT monitors

agree with above statements
just like if you have a nice 30 crt tube tv it will probably look better then a cheep 20in lcd tv u paid 90 bucks for

its a gateway lcd from 2 years ago and this crt is 7 years old but i hooked it up and went to play a game and everthing was really dark even with all the stuff turned up so i guess im gonna have to get a new monitor what are some good brands for a 19 inch lcd?

Its good you've posted both a wide screen and standard version :)

I'm not sure wheather a wide screen is a worth while purchase, as some older games may have issues. Is this true? Or is there always ways to get around it?

deff deff go wide screen
i havnt found any problems with it
its like switching from a regular to wide screen tv
except theres no problem with the cable
you can have more up on your desktop
i like to have internet and word possessor up at the same time
or or aim
and games look amazing on it
and there patches for widescreen support
and you can alway set it to play in regular square mode

Can you set the monitor for instance to have black borders on non-native widescreen games/apps?

Back
Top Bottom