Quiet Fans

muz

Golden Master
Ok so i have this server next to my router at the moment but i am gonna put it in my bedroom cos there aint much room next to the router . My only problem is this . At the moment its quite noisy and obviously being in my bedroom i want it to be as quiet as posible . I also want 2 fans though . One at the front blowing air in and a rear one expelling the hot air . At the moment there is a rear one but it is hell noisy .
Now i have 2 choices
Choice one
Buy a few of theese cheap fans :http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...lers/Case/+Generic+Case+Fan+8cm?productId=240
And then hook them up to one of theese :http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...Accessories/Zalman+Fan-Mate+2?productId=15827
Or choice 2
Buy a couple of theese
http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...lers/Case/Zalman+80mm+Case+Fan?productId=9793

Dont worry that the fan mate is only a 3 pin out and the fans are 4 pin in , i dont mind cutting wires and splicing them together to make it 3 pin or whatever .
Also would it be possible to mob the fan mate so it can run 2 fans instead of just one
Another thing , i prefer idea 1 cos it dosent matter about noise in the day but then at night i can turn the fans down

Get 120mm fans...they'll be much quieter. If needed, also get a fan controller.

If 120mm fans don't fit in your case, you can get an adapter. Just something like this:
a41bb.jpg

Its some old prebuilt system so there are only 80mm fan bays
The only problem is for the front there is no clearance for that and at the rear there would be no room above as the psu is there . I already have one for my other desktop and it just fits so in that i tried it in here and there is no room for it

Okay, well then you definitely want a fan controller. The fan brand doesn't matter so much, but the really cheap ones probably won't be too efficient.

But i cant buy from newegg .
Also Does the resistor automaticaly change it or do you need software installed . If its software i dont realy wann do that TBH as the server is controlled using remote desktop and its a lot of messing around to open a new connection just to turn some fans down when i could just turn the nob with the controller

I find quiet fans hard to find. You can't really trust fans that say their quiet, because of the test environments the companies use, which tend to be really unfair.

Your looking for a fan which is quiet but also quite high in performance.

Have you tried hunting for Sharkoon fans? They are pretty good in performance and very quiet.

But i cant buy from newegg .
Also Does the resistor automaticaly change it or do you need software installed . If its software i dont realy wann do that TBH as the server is controlled using remote desktop and its a lot of messing around to open a new connection just to turn some fans down when i could just turn the nob with the controller

thats the exact same fan and the exact same thing came with it on the other site:p just needed to show you a pic. also the resistor is automatic and will just convert the +12v to +5.5v right there inside of it :)

Back
Top Bottom