AMD or Intel

Yeah i still have an old P4 northwood and it works great and considering its age runs very cool .
Infact now i think of it all my machines are intel , i have
An Intel Celeron 2.53ghz prescot
An Intel Celeron 1.8Gghznorthwood-128
An Intel Pentium M 1.6ghz
And the intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz north wood
I am thinking about getting a budget AMD though like a X2 3600+ next with a gig of ddr2 as i dont realy need al the power of a C2D and the X2 is real cheap

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ now standard clocked, and have been happy with it since I got it.

That said, my next build is going to be an Intel, because they litterally kick the hell out of any AMD lineup now.

I'm no fan boy, I just go with whats best at the time, and worth the money.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ now standard clocked, and have been happy with it since I got it.

That said, my next build is going to be an Intel, because they litterally kick the hell out of any AMD lineup now.

I'm no fan boy, I just go with whats best at the time, and worth the money.

are you going to be ocing your c2d?

Yeah i still have an old P4 northwood and it works great and considering its age runs very cool .
Infact now i think of it all my machines are intel , i have
An Intel Celeron 2.53ghz prescot
An Intel Celeron 1.8Gghznorthwood-128
An Intel Pentium M 1.6ghz
And the intel Pentium 4 2.8ghz north wood
I am thinking about getting a budget AMD though like a X2 3600+ next with a gig of ddr2 as i dont realy need al the power of a C2D and the X2 is real cheap

I've never had a problem with intel processors, been using them since I had a pentium with windows 95 on it. My P4 is a prescott and it runs great, never had any heat issues or anything with it. The AMD X2 processors are very reasonably priced and I've thought about building a system with one in it but I'm not sure if I wanna do that or build a C2D system.

Troy, I'd buy a C2D system, no questions asked. A lot better performance for your money.

Rudster816, probably yes, but that depends soley on temperatures.
My room gets pretty hot, standing at 29 degrees C right now, and my Athlon 64 3500+, which isn't overclocked is hitting 40 degrees C idle, and 49 degrees C load, and thats with an Athlon Cooler Freezer 64 PRO...

Back
Top Bottom