Budget or Luxury

Well i would say 2*400 rigs .stuff like hard drives and optical drives and sometimes cases you can reuse so what i would do is build your first rig and get decent HD's and optical drives then when you come to upgrade you already have decent hard drives and optical drives so all you need is a psu,mobo,cpu,ram and gpu for your next computer .
Then sell all the current mobo cpu etc and you may find the new rig costs less

yeah i think its best for 2 X £400 rigs coz as u say i could sell the old CPU RAM and motherboard and maybe PSU as a sort of barbone kit

One rig. 800$ is waaay too cheap for a good computer, whereas you can usually get a good computer for about 1200$

For me, my PC's all cost over 1000$, and 800$ of hardware just wouldnt cut it for my primary PC (I spend half of that on storage)

One rig. 800$ is waaay too cheap for a good computer, whereas you can usually get a good computer for about 1200$

For me, my PC's all cost over 1000$, and 800$ of hardware just wouldnt cut it for my primary PC (I spend half of that on storage)

We are talking GBP so £800 is about 1600 USD . and £400 is 800usd

im american, so i don't know how the £ system works.... but... i believe a £ is about 2 times as much as a american $. so, i think the £800 system would be better...

umm id have to disagree with you on that $800 or £400 would get you a half decent computer nothing brilliant but it would do most jobs and play most games IMO

My PC I'm ordering will cost me about £900 with a good monitor.
That includes a Antec 900, quad core, 2GB's RAM, 8800GTS 320MB, and 2 320GB HDDs.
Its possible to build a good one for £800 if you didn't have to buy a monitor/case too.

Back
Top Bottom