Wow I can't believe it worked!!

So just for fun I thought I'd try and log onto a multi player game on Lost planet and see if A. I could even get on the server and B. If I could would the game even be playable.

To my amazement I was able to log into the multiplayer and actually create and join some games. For the most part it plays pretty decent. A few times I noticed a bit of a lag when I was shooting but it really wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I connect between 42.6kb/s-46.6kb/s. I was really suprised I thought the game quality would go down to but it looks just as good as it does in single player. I got disconnected from the one game though.

I think i'm going to see if I can play BF2 with the dial up now! This should be interesting.

I'm really happy now :)

dont buy BF2 to see if it works for multiplayer. some games use more bandwith than others, some commincate what gun to the host when you pick it up and when you shoot just have to recive that your shooting, others dont say what gun you have until you shoot thus increasing the bandwidth.

how good does lost planet run on your card?

Hey Rudster, I see you asked about his card and LP, well I just got it a couple days ago and I can max everything out besides the shadow quality and it looks great. Im using the 320mb version by the way. Great game

oh wow goodie because i just saw you have a rosewill psu and it works with an 8800GTS, i blew up mine trying to put an 8800GTS on the 650watt version :(

hopefully my replacement will work otherwise im going to get an antec :p

So just for fun I thought I'd try and log onto a multi player game on Lost planet and see if A. I could even get on the server and B. If I could would the game even be playable.

To my amazement I was able to log into the multiplayer and actually create and join some games. For the most part it plays pretty decent. A few times I noticed a bit of a lag when I was shooting but it really wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I connect between 42.6kb/s-46.6kb/s. I was really suprised I thought the game quality would go down to but it looks just as good as it does in single player. I got disconnected from the one game though.

I think i'm going to see if I can play BF2 with the dial up now! This should be interesting.

I'm really happy now :)

hmmmmm seems that they have worked out issues.

Ya i'm happy I can play something online. LOL I already have BF2 Rudster but I just play offline. I registered a gamespy account last night and tried to play but it was so choppy it was unplayable. I think someone said my average ping was like 301 or something then I got booted from punkbusters. O well i'll stick to lost planet. If you were to play it on my system you would sware you were just playing the game offline, I was really suprised only a few hangups from time to time.

I'd say I average probally 45fps without my gpu overclocked rudster. That was on my summer clock of 3.3Ghz.

I would definately recommend it. It takes a few minutes to find a game but then again it probally wasn't peak time when I was playing. For those of you that have it we should setup a time or something then set up a 2 or 3 team game. Like 3 on 3 or more depending on how many would play.

My SN is the same for Lost Planet.

Back
Top Bottom