How does this sound?

compguy91

Fully Optimized
I'm going to put a 7300GS in my computer. I want a better graphics card than my X300SE, but also something affordable and something able to work on my 305W PSU. I was going to get a 7600GT but I don't have the power to run it and don't want to replace my PSU since I'm planning on building a new system in the next 6 months or so.

My question is should I get the 7300GS or are there any other cards that you'd recommend that I get instead. I don't want anything with a 300W PSU requirement because my PCI slots are maxed out and I don't want to risk overloading my PSU so something in the 250W range would be fine (my current card has that requirement and power hasn't been an issue yet).

Thanks in advance!

Hmm...to say the least, the 7300GS is not a great card. Personally, I wouldn't bother upgrading it. If you're going to upgrade, do it right, and put in a new PSU.

If you think you really need that extra bit of performance though, go for it.

well my current card isn't truely dedicated and I want something that's dedicated. I don't do any heavy gaming, all the games I play are at least a year old or more. I think it should tide me over until I build a new system with a DX10 card.

yeah, I figure for 50 bucks it's a good deal. I'm planning on building a core 2 system with an 8800 series card hopefully. Depends on what my budget is at the time but I'm hoping to build a really good system. I'm going to use this one as a secondary system but I figured I might as well upgrade the graphics to something that won't eat my RAM when I'm playing games and will hold me over a bit longer.

just save the extra money so you can put it in your new build, dont get too exicited and upgrade when you can save your money

I've been looking around and found some better cards. They require 300W though, would I be ok to run that on a 305W PSU? or should I get a new one? I've heard that my computer even though it's a dell, you can replace the PSU in it since they don't use proprietary PSU's anymore. Should I replace the PSU or try to go through with this one? Also is it even possible to replace the PSU in a dell dimension e510?

my old prefab used a micro atx case so a standard psu would not fin but i think that put ATX in most now.

i use to be able to run a 1.2ghz thunderbird, radeon 9250, 2x512mb ram, sound card, 2 cd-roms, 2 HDD's on a 135 watt psu from my old prefab so i think you could get a better card probably a 8600gt, there having a special on newegg on them right now

Back
Top Bottom