Which is better and why?

I don't think the 8600 has a good future at all, even for Direct X 10.

First of all, like with all Direct X 10 games of now, games are going to start being coded with Shader Model 4.1, not compatable with todays cards.

Then theres the fact its simply not powerful enough. It has trouble running some Direct X 9 games from what I've heard, so with Direct X 10, it has no chance.

Think of it as the 5000 series made by Nvidia a bit ago now for budget Direct X 9 playing.

This is true but look at how long DX10 GPU's have been out and look at how many DX10 games are out. DX10.1 is still a ways off you probally will not see any 10.1 games till summer of next year.

Besides for those that have something in the current lineup it will just reveret back to DX10 you won't get the 10.1 effects.

The only DX10 game I have is Lost Planet and it runs great. Without overclocking my GPU I average around 45FPS dropping to maybe 38-39FPS when there are huge explosions. Most of the action i'm around 45fps with a high in the low 60's. Thats with 4xAA and all setting on high @ 1280/768 default resolution.

Okay, I guess that isn't that bad, but consider that most people buy graphics cards hoping for them to last a good while (for example, me)
Its not the case anymore though, that your card can run everything under the sun at full settings, even if your card can still push more than 25fps, because of damn new versions of software, etc.

Back
Top Bottom