ebay question

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
when someone buys an item from me, how do i track that item to see if the item gets to buyer on time?

Well, depends on how you ship it.

UPS has a package tracking system, most other mail serviced do too. How are you going to ship it?

i mean are you suppose to give the buyer a tracking number and how do you give it to them?

Well, when you ship your item, you will then be given a tracking number that you can email to the buyer. UPS and FedEx both provide tracking as a normal part of their service. If shipping by USPS, you will need to purchase delivery confirmation which will give you a "tracking number". It's not so much a tracking number, but more a way that lets you know when the package arrives.

so is the number automatically sent to the buyer when i ship it or do i email it to the buyer

If you create an online shipping label from either of their websites, you would enter the buyer's email address in the appropriate section and it will be automatically sent to the buyer. Otherwise, when you take the package to one of their shipping centers, you will be given a receipt that will have the number on it which you would then email to the buyer.

But, it's always a good idea to send your buyer the information yourself as a show of good faith. Include details such as shipping time, service used and any tracking numbers :D

Back
Top Bottom