How are forums created?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
So if I were to go to vBulletin's site and download their software package, I can automatically create a forum and dump it on a web server for use?

Dosent the web server need my sql and php installed and obviously appache for the whole thing to work properly

PHP, I'm not familiar with but MySQL is just a databse that stores information that can be integrated with vBulletin right? Is PHP really necessary?

PHP, I'm not familiar with but MySQL is just a databse that stores information that can be integrated with vBulletin right? Is PHP really necessary?

Yes, all 3 are neccessary, apache, php and mysql and really an email server aswell

Yes, all 3 are neccessary, apache, php and mysql and really an email server aswell
And those kind of servers are expensive. Plus, you don't just download Vbulletin, you have to buy it. I wouldn't go that route unless you are really serious about a forum and want to put your full effort into it.

If you are wanting to make a small forum just go to someplace like myfreeforum.org or another. Just google and you'll probably find dozens.

I've noticed a lot of members are starting their own forums and I keep wondering why. Unless you get a lot of members it's not going to be very successful, and it's not always easy to get a lot of members...

And those kind of servers are expensive. Plus, you don't just download Vbulletin, you have to buy it. I wouldn't go that route unless you are really serious about a forum and want to put your full effort into it.

If you are wanting to make a small forum just go to someplace like myfreeforum.org or another. Just google and you'll probably find dozens.

All are free. Open source free software.

So if I were to go to vBulletin's site and download their software package, I can automatically create a forum and dump it on a web server for use?
i dont think anyone mentioned that vbulletin isnt free, although it is simple to install, although phpbb is the easiest. takes like 2 mins :)

Back
Top Bottom