a regular fps its a scripted hall way u follow it down
now check out bioshock
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/707/707640/vids_1.html
videos ^

bioshock.jpg

bioshock_5.jpg

bioshock.jpg

the story of bioshock

BioShock is the "genetically enhanced" first person shooter that lets you do things never before possible in the genre: turn everything into a weapon, biologically mod your body with plasmids, hack devices and systems, upgrade your weapons and craft new ammo variants, and experiment with different battle techniques in an incredible and unique underwater city.

You are a cast-away in Rapture, an underwater Utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces, and hunted down by genetically modified “splicers” and deadly security systems, you have to come to grips with a deadly, mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. No encounter ever plays out the same, and no two gamers will play the game the same way.

BioShock is loaded with some of greatest, most modifiable weapons to ever blast their way into a shooter. But guns alone won't be enough to defeat the devious AIs of Rapture. There are literally hundreds of other strategies players can use to take out his enemies. Here's just a few things you can do a foe:

* Catch his Grenades in Mid Air and Toss Them Back at Him
* Freeze Him Solid and Shatter Him with Smack of your Wrench
* Lead him and his comrades to water and Zap them all with 1000 Volts
* Burn Him Up With Home-Made Molotov Cocktails
* Booby Trap Healing Machines and Watch Them Blow up IN his Face
* Brainwash Him to Become Your Personal BodyGuard
* Invent your own Ammo Types to Prey on his Vulnerabilities
* Turn his own Security System Against Him
* Light Him on Fire and Launch Heat Seeking Missiles At him
* Torment Him with Plagues of Insects
* Take Research Photos of Him to Learn his Weaknesses
* Send Him Flying into the Ceiling to Knock him Senseless

No encounter ever plays out the same way twice. No two gamers will ever play BioShock the same way.

system specs
actually pretty low

Operating Systems:
Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or
Windows Vista

Minimum System Requirements:
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

System RAM: 1GB

Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

System RAM: 2GB

Video card:
DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)
DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

(the game does not have any online so if u like torrents a must grab)
oh i mean buy the game its the right thing to do

any way looks amazing!
also on 360

Umm, why is there a blood warning, it's stuff that runs through your body, it's not like mature content, haha.

And the graphics of that game looks like Nintendo designed it, definitely not Microsoft material there.

Not liking the recommended specs. Definitely could do way better for how much power it's eating of your system components.

nintendo?!?!
uh watch some trailers
and actuly the graphics r very impressive
and the games rated em and there is blood so i though might as well post a warning

nintendo?!?!
uh watch some trailers
and actuly the graphics r very impressive
and the games rated em and there is blood so i though might as well post a warning

CS:S looks way more realistic than this, first of all the blood doesn't reflect, it looks dried up. And if you look at the picture of the guy sprawled out, his hands aren't coming in contact with the ground, he's disproportional, some thing's not right there. Looks like crap quality again like every thing Nintendo makes. (Example, you can't compare a Nintendo DS to a Sony PSP, you can't compare a Wii to a PS3 or XBOX 360.)

ok first off u cant say nintendo names crap cuz Nintendo never makes a bad first party game
second off they screen shots r old and off screen
this is an early part of the game
watch some of the trailers
and theres no way in hell u can say Nintendo makes crazp

I love it how they market with false information..

BioShock is the "genetically enhanced" first person shooter that lets you do things never before possible in the genre: (1) turn everything into a weapon, (2) biologically mod your body with plasmids, (3) hack devices and systems, (4) upgrade your weapons and craft new ammo variants, (5) and experiment with different battle techniques in an incredible and unique underwater city.

1. I really doubt that means everything. And there are quite a few games where you can pick up stuff from the ground etc and use it as a weapon. A good example is Condemned: Criminal Origins.

2. Basically the same thing that was already in Deus Ex, which was already released 2000.

3. In Deus Ex and probably a few other games too.

4. Again, in Deus Ex, you could probably count adding attachements (different sights, grenade lauchers etc) as upgrading, so in that case it's already been done in probably like 30% of military shooters.

5. WOW! Experiment with different battle techniques! Now that's something that can't be done in any other game. Truly magnificent! :rolleyes:

Just that crappy advertising makes me think the whole game will suck. Basically it's nothing new but they try to make it looks all new and original.

Umm, why is there a blood warning, it's stuff that runs through your body, it's not like mature content, haha.

And the graphics of that game looks like Nintendo designed it, definitely not Microsoft material there.

Not liking the recommended specs. Definitely could do way better for how much power it's eating of your system components.

Try playing it in real life in HD. The Unreal Engine 3 is VERY nice.

This is definately one of the must-buy games for the Xbox 360. Now I just gotta wait until Mass Effect comes out November.

I love it how they market with false information..

1. I really doubt that means everything. And there are quite a few games where you can pick up stuff from the ground etc and use it as a weapon. A good example is Condemned: Criminal Origins.

2. Basically the same thing that was already in Deus Ex, which was already released 2000.

3. In Deus Ex and probably a few other games too.

4. Again, in Deus Ex, you could probably count adding attachements (different sights, grenade lauchers etc) as upgrading, so in that case it's already been done in probably like 30% of military shooters.

5. WOW! Experiment with different battle techniques! Now that's something that can't be done in any other game. Truly magnificent! :rolleyes:

Just that crappy advertising makes me think the whole game will suck. Basically it's nothing new but they try to make it looks all new and original.

It actually borrows quite a lot from System Shock and System Shock 2. Both games which were developed by the same company: Irrational Games.

Becides, there is some truth to their claims. They haven't revolutionized the genre, just evolved it into a higher level.

You should watch all the gameplay trailers and see for yourself instead of just formulating a biased opinion on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom