WD raptors worth the money?

Personally I'd rather buy 4 drives for the same money, and put them in stripe and mirror mode, saving my data, and striping for performance enhancing.

You can ask people what they think about them but in the end it is if you are willing to spend the extra money for the performance.

i noticed an increase in my boot times when i borught my raptors. it also helps with loading games as well. what yoiu could do if you want to keep the price dwon is buy yourself a 34.5Gb or 75Gb raptor and just install the OS on that and then use your seagate 200Gb for back/storage space. its the best way to go if you ask me

I'm surprised no one's mentioned raiding two 7200RPM hard drives. You end up with more storage space, still cheaper, and a performance.

I don't really need the extra speed boost at the moment, so a 7200 SATA II is fine for me. IMO it's not worth the extra money, but it's personal opinion and whether or not you can afford it.

RAID 0 isn't really a good option for most users guys. If one drive fails (which isn't uncommon) you lose all your data.

I think the $200 I spent on my Raptor X was completely worth it. It's great, you notice the speed improvement in everything. Just note that it isn't exactly the quietest hard drive...I'd say only get it if you really want the extra bit of performance.

I don't think the Raptors are worth it ether. Samsung SpinPoint 7200RPM SATA hard drives seem to be the best at the moment especailly the 500gb ones. Infact I read a review somewhere (in CostomPC I think) where it beat the Raptors in loading some games!!

Back
Top Bottom