Hi!

Corey1

Baseband Member
What's up everyone? I'm new to the forum but, not new to computers and tech. I decided to join because the members seem knowledgeable and friendly. To give you a little background on myself, I became interested in tech way back in '98 when ZDTV was launched. I was addicted to watching Call For Help, The Screen Savers and Fresh Gear. Now I'm addicted to DLTV, Cranky Geeks and TWiT. Also, I'm returning to college this fall and majoring in Computer Maintenance. My goal is to get a job in IT. I think it will be fun and I hope this forum will be fun as well.

Hey Corey! Welcome to CF.

We are a close knit bunch and we are here for you when you need anything.

What rig do you have?

we are here for you when you need anything.

And he does mean anything. People trust us enough to have us help them with personal problems. It's the kind of family thing that you don't get anywhere else.

If you have any questions about how things work, or about the forum, feel free to hit me up with a PM, I'll be glad to ask any question you have.

Hey Corey! Welcome to CF.

We are a close knit bunch and we are here for you when you need anything.

What rig do you have?

I'm currently using two machines. My oldest is a Compaq Presario laptop which has 512MB of RAM, 1.8 GHz AMD Sepron processor and a 40 GB HD. It's running XP... basically a bargain machine which is fine since I typically just use it for web surfing.

My new machine is a Dell XPS 410. I just got it about a month ago and I'm very happy with it. I had Dell put in 2 GB of RAM, a 250 GB hard drive, an Intel Core 2 Duo at 1.8 GHz each and an NVidia GeForce graphics card. The monitor is a 19-inch widescreen LCD which was something to get used to after using a laptop for a year. It came with Vista Premium pre-installed but, I did a fresh install to get rid of the Dell "crap-ware". I then partitioned the drive and created a dual boot with Ubuntu. Linux, of course, runs perfectly... and Vista, of course, is filled with bugs. I also added a second hard drive which is 80 GB and has mainly mp3's on it. It's about 5 years old and has a 40-pin IDE connector. I had to buy a converter since the mother board only uses SATA. It was fun figuring out which jumper setting was the correct one. The instructions on the converter said to set the drive as "master" but, cable select was the only setting that worked. Anyway, I'm very happy with my Dell and use it more often than my Compaq.

Back
Top Bottom