Smoking

It would be way too difficult to make smoking illegal with the amount of people that find refuge in those cancer sticks. It would be a lot like the prohibition the United States tried on the sale and consumption of alcohol. Even the President of that time was caught smuggling alcohol into the White House, it's just one of those things that are out of government control and damn near impossible to enforce. That doesn't take away from the argument that smoking should be banned. It's so useless, I blame John Rolfe and his discovery of tobacco in the southern colonies.

why is it stupid? I think it's a great thing. You can go to any bar you want to and you don't have to breath in all the smoke, your clothes don't smell the next morning and overall the air feels a lot better inside.
Only ones that hate it are the smokers.

I think it's stupid because if you go to a bar you should be able to smoke. You can drink but not smoke, don't those two sort of go hand in hand? I think they should put signs that say whether smoking is allowed or not so that way people know people will smoke there.

I think it's stupid because if you go to a bar you should be able to smoke. You can drink but not smoke, don't those two sort of go hand in hand? I think they should put signs that say whether smoking is allowed or not so that way people know people will smoke there.
Well, the difference between smoking and drinking is smoking directly affects the people around you whether they like it or not, drinking on the other hand does not directly affect the person around you strictly speaking of a bar. I realize that once a drunk get sin a car and drives they can be dangerous, but so can a person smoking that also distracts them, same with cell phone usage, but some cities made laws that say you can't drive and talk at the same time unless you have a hands free device, so why do smokers get to smoke and drive when it takes attention away from the road?
J03 said:
What would the people that are already smoking do...?
Quit. That would seriously be best for them and everyone else in their lives.

Personally, no to drugs. Ciggys are like people's everday routine. The only way it will be taken out is that a vast majority (99-100%) of people don't smoke. I won't hide it, I do sometimes grab a puff off from a friend. If I'm affected by second hand, what can a puff do more, really?

even car manafuctures have tried to stop people smoking.

i dont thik you ca buy a car newer than 54 / 05 that has an ash tray in it.

forcing drivers that smoke to throw there fag buts out of the window and then if they are caught face a fine.

^You can, but now you have to pay like $30 for the "smokers package" which includes the ash tray and lighter...

Ihuser said:
Personally, no to drugs. Ciggys are like people's everday routine. The only way it will be taken out is that a vast majority (99-100%) of people don't smoke. I won't hide it, I do sometimes grab a puff off from a friend. If I'm affected by second hand, what can a puff do more, really?
Whats the point of taking the puff though? Its not helping you or your friend.

Well, the difference between smoking and drinking is smoking directly affects the people around you whether they like it or not, drinking on the other hand does not directly affect the person around you strictly speaking of a bar. I realize that once a drunk get sin a car and drives they can be dangerous, but so can a person smoking that also distracts them, same with cell phone usage, but some cities made laws that say you can't drive and talk at the same time unless you have a hands free device, so why do smokers get to smoke and drive when it takes attention away from the road?

Quit. That would seriously be best for them and everyone else in their lives.

What, and you dont think they know that? It's not that easy..

^Its not easy I know that, but its not impossible many others have done it, so whats stopping more people form doing it. Today there are so many things to help smokers stop, gum, patches, and probably more, but I don't really know since I don't need to quit.

Whats the point of taking the puff though? Its not helping you or your friend.
Heh, we tried making him stop. It's impossible. As for me, I know it ain't helping, but I have to live with smoke all around me. I'll die of Second hand smoke, I'm preety sure.

Back
Top Bottom