Forums disappearing earlier?

David Lindon

Golden Master
Does anyone know the rougly the time they disappeared because everyone was working ok when I went out and then when I get back, the forums have actually been deleted from the database.

Well I came on at 2:45pm and there was a database error, came back from the shops at like 3:45 to 4pm and it was up but the stuff was missing.

Dunno when the db error started though because I didnt try before 2:45, anything interesting in the logs? I think theres something fishy with your db integrity for what my opinion is worth

Damn... I was making a thread at the time.

Based on when I sent a text out, which was round about the same time I think, it was 3:42 round about?

Database errors started to occur before that though, yeah, before the whole lot went down.

Yeah the DB errors appeared at 2.40PM, I resolved them and checked everything was working and indeed everything was fine. Later when I checked back, the forums were missing and there hadn't been any db errors!.

I've changed all the mysql passwords and locked down a few other security issues (I don't want to be to specific)

Are our usernames/passwords safe incase this was a hack? Or should we all update passwords?

I still think if youd been hacked they would have obliterated the entire site but if it was a hacker you dont necessarily know who it was and what their motives are

Does anyone know the rougly the time they disappeared because everyone was working ok when I went out and then when I get back, the forums have actually been deleted from the database.

david i can tell you the time it disapeared within a 5 min time gap.

i started the dissapeared thread 2 mins after it dissapeared.

and i was replying in posts 3 mins before i started the dissapeared thread

it was 3:41 UK time according to the thread in the social lounge. i wasnt on though

Back
Top Bottom