WD raptors worth the money?

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
are the WD raptors worth the money i hear alot of hype bout them i mean for those of you who know my rig im building i already have a seagate 200gig HDD i was thinking bout making that a slave drive or figureing out what RAID is and get a WD raptor 150 gig but would it be worth it?

No. I spent 200 on a raptor 150 and it wasnt worth the price. I don't really feel a difference but if I time it it is def. faster.

for the speed/price/storage
i dont think there worth it at all
i think its better just to buy a larger 7200rpm hard drive

I have a raptor and I absolutely love it!

It makes your whole computer just that tad bit faster in loading times.

Raptors are only worth the money if you're extremely concerned about top notch performance on your computer, otherwise a simple 7200.1 RPM storage drive would suit you just fine.

It helps to get a Raptor if you put them in RAID 0. Stand alone Raptor drive will increase performance, but it's performance you can't really feel. Specwise, it does wonders. I would say, unless you want to spend that ridiculous amount of money--get it. Otherwise, a 7200RPM SATAII drive are pretty good too.

i dont think raptors are that great i think of them like watercooling.

watercooling is great but unecessary in most machines when a air HS&F would work jus fine.

so SATA drives are fine for now at 7200

I don't like to think of watercooling and 10k drive the same. When you stick a 10k drive in, there will be a performance increase since the HDD is the slowest part of computers today. With watercooling, you won't get a performance increase just by having it in your computer.

With the Raptor, startup time will be shorter, programs will open faster, games will load faster, and page file can be accessed quicker, meaning higher overall performance.

:( that was kinda a bad example lol.

i dunno how else to put it what i ment was that you computer is absolutely fine without a raptor and raptor drives are not considered the 'standard' even in this day.

that make n e more sense, i also ment like overclocking with watercooling and overclocking with air HS.

like you would get better performance with watercooling but its still the 'standard' to have an air HS at the mo.

am i making n e sense lol

They are great and many people on here claim they speed up loading times and system responsiveness but it comes at a price . But they are really only necessary if you want super quick loading times and top notch system performance but most people will be just fine with a 7200 sata drives for the foreseeable future .If you have enough to spend and you already have other components at top notch and the computer is for high end gaming then maybe consider one but if its just for home office tasks you wont really need one and it would be a waste

Back
Top Bottom