Smoking

I agree,Nothing against ppl who do smoke if u smoke thats fine but don't smoke near me lol but ti really isnt a huge issue unless its pot get away from me with that stuff no joke!

Ugh, smoking, absolutely disgusting. All the money wasted killing yourself and others at the same time.

I don't understand why in todays day people would even start smoking, with all the info we know about how bad it is why would you even want to start?

just a few things to point out .

here in the uk smoking would never be banned for 2 reasons.

the government would have to buy out all of the cigarette companies and they are like billion dollar a year companies so i dont think they will be doing that any time soon.

also the governemtn make too much money off of cigarettes from taxes.

and id also like to add that smoking in public buildings here is now officially banned you should drive past a pub at like 9 o'clock saturday night lol alot of cold men standing outside coz they started smoking to look cool.

WELL HOW COOL DO U LOOK NOW LOL

Why would the government have to buy out the cigarette companies?

becasue they couldnt just ban smoking ...... you cant just do stuff like that when there is companies making millions of £$£$£$£ every day

becasue they couldnt just ban smoking ...... you cant just do stuff like that when there is companies making millions of £$£$£$£ every day

and you can't do it because??
But you are right about the taxes, the amount of money the government gets is just unbelievable.

And banning it because "it isn't healthy and doesn't have any advantages" could also be used to ban alcohol, like 50% of the stuff they sell on grocery stores and many other things.

well i suppose legally they could but they would face so much hassle and grief from the smoking companies it wouldnt be worth it.

i mean imagine how pissed you was if the government decided to stop you business taking billions of £$£$£$£$£ away from you each year.

can they legally do that ?

im not sure myself there must be some kind of law against it

Ya, but at least if they illegally obtain them, by making them or whatever, they would be contained to their houses to actually smoke them because if they did it in public they would get arrested and thrown in jail just as with drugs. You don't see a person walking down the street smoking some weed, because if they did that they would get arrested. People will always find a way around the law.
Yeah, but if they buy them illegally, the government will miss out hugely on duty tax, you say so what, but they have to to get it from somewhere so they'll just put the tax on something else, the air we breathe, I shouldn't wonder!!

It would be taking peoples rights away abit lol, I dont smoke but I think its wrong for the goverment to say NO you cant do this. As for the smoking ban here in england I think its good to a certain extent as for the smokers have to smoke outside etc which is fair enough but it is their choise to try to kill themselfs its their choise :p

Back
Top Bottom