Amd Quad-Core Launch Date is...

ya i like intel better to
for one they don't change there socket every new cpu =P

Yeah, AMD has a bad habit of changing sockets too soon. Socket 754 lasted about a year and a half and was replaced by Socket 939 which got booted after about 2-3 years. Now it's Socket AM2 and Socket F and just watch those two get replaced after another two years or so.

well it seems to just be amd
intels had the same slot of a while and there using it for a while as well
they make new slots for a couple reasons
most of the time its so you have to by a new mb
sometimes its because the cpu slot cant handle the data
but most of the time its because they want you to by a new mb
intels used the same one for a whilethe only thing thats changed is if your bored can handle the fsb

well i think and i think im right about this but with the new upgrade of the mobos is also going to bring up HT 3.0 which is at 3000mtsomethingsomething
So that could be a change for the better
And the new CPU i think WILL be backward compatible with the AM2 slot but will lack the HT 3.0
(i forgot my sources)
and the new slot type i think is going to b AM2+ or AM3
If im wrong plz say so and dont blame me
Blame the ppl who make stuf up:p

How the Hell are they using it to there advantage.............................................................................................................................................

well this is my theory they are taking 1 of the biggest events ever and using it almost as an advertising campaign.

ok there not making a big deal out of it but dont you think it would have just been nice of them to leave it a few days ?

like i said there not directly doing it but they are sort of using it as a gimmick.

c'mon stop getting all defensive on me the fact is.

9/11 is 1 of the most important day in so many peoples memories why would AMD try and put 9/11 o yeah that was the AMD quad core release date too .

ITS WRONG

I've always been more of an intel guy, but I'd love to see AMD come back on top. Oh well, I'll likely be going with intel for the superior performance when I get my next system.

Back
Top Bottom