my SATA makes my computer Freak

shagadelicman1

In Runtime
i just plugged in my SATA hard drive and i go to turn it on and the power inside the pc just flickers and never starts, i need help :(

Does it work when you put in an IDE hard drive or something? Did you install it correctly?
There should be an SATA connector and a 4 pin power connector.

its actually my friends pc and noticed he had sata ports so i plugs the data cable in and molex connector off one of his drives and then turn it on and it doesnt work. i didnt instll anything, i just plugged it in. the jumper was set on power on standby. and i tried the other as well which was ssc (spread spectrum clocking)

cheers for the mention lol.

does it seem like its in a continous loop of starting for like half a second then turning off starting ........

coz if it is id panic lol that happened to my pc right after my IDE drive died.

the hardrive died then i put a new drive in and it was stuck on that loop i leave it for a day go back to switch it on as my mum asks me what she needs to buy for it and it wont turn on !

so lets hope your pc isnt the same.

mine was an old celeron 1.7 rig so didnt bother finding out what the problem was just scrapped it all didnt wonna risk taking n e thing.

yea, well since its not my comp i was trying it on, i dont wanna mess the shit up, someone wants to buy it and idk if it works, i got it for free used, so yea, just need a way to test it

idk if it works, i got it for free used, so yea, just need a way to test it
Well, there's your problem. If you got it for free it more than likely doesn't work. Bad drives can keep a computer from booting properly like you have just found out. I had a PATA (IDE) drive that went bad and did the same thing as your's.

yea, true, but my friend pulled it out of his computer and it was working...how touchy are hard drives or any computer part for that matter as far as making sure they are safe...lol like using non static bags for instance, how important are they in comparison to just piling on top of each other in a crate? lol

The drives are fine just resting on each other. They just don't appreciate being dropped or bumped around alot.

Back
Top Bottom