Can we set wireless router act like wireless switch ?

v_xxx_v

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

I bought this wireless router http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...outer&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1157068454881

And i connect the new router(let's call it router A) through other router( let's call it router B), and router B has ip 10.10.0.1. I want my router A act like a switch so it can give other clients computer ip 10.10.0.x instead of 192.168.0.x. Because right now, router A is giving out to all its clients ip 192.168.0.x which i don't want it. I thought about turn off DHCP in router A but it did not work for me. Any idea? Thanks

i have a setup like this. dhcp is turned off on one of the routers and the other one gives out the ip addresses fine.
there should be some router settings to manually set it

i have a setup like this. dhcp is turned off on one of the routers and the other one gives out the ip addresses fine.
there should be some router settings to manually set it

I turned off dhcpd for wireless router but it still doesn't work. Would you tell me what else do i need to manually set it up ?thanks

by any chance is router B your internet router and router A you looking to use like a switch ?.

well why cant u just use router A as your net router ?

i know what you mean and im trying to think of it in my house ...

why do you want router B giving out IP addresses ? if you want it to act like a simple router then they should all still come from router A.

heres my setup my net router (A) goes to my switch (B) and then to my computers but the ip is given out by A as a switch just acts like a splitter and doesnt handle ip addresses.

well my internet connection is on my homehub, i have my voyager connected to it via ethernet and when on the voyager it gets the dhcp from the homehub, which doesnt seem to work for you. i also have this option:

4opf9si.jpg

Yes I just did it for a friend.

First let me say I have that router and it is amazing I absolutly love it!

But all we did was took Router A and ran a cat5 cable to router B but did not plug it into the internet port in the back of router B we plugged it into port 1, and worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom