Barry Bonds ties Hank Aaron's record

Ha, did you see the brawl for the ball?!?!? OMG, people went nuts trying to get it. I'll bet it's worth millions now.

Nope. Sports memorabilia experts are pegging the value at about $400,000 to $500,000. It's nowhere near Mark McGwire's 70th home run ball back 1998 though...that thing fetched about $3.3 million.

You can thank Mr. Bond's steroids scandal for that.

Half a million bucks for a baseball? I had a hard time parting with $45 a piece for a couple of autographed baseballs.

Don't feel sorry for Hank. They played this video message from Hank Aaron on the stadium's big screen after the home run:
"I would like to offer my congratulations to Barry Bonds on becoming baseball's career home run leader.

"It is a great accomplishment which required skill, longevity and determination. Throughout the past century, the home run has held a special place in baseball, and I have been privileged to hold this record for 33 of those years.

"I move over now and offer my best wishes to Barry and his family on this historic achievement. My hope today, as it was on that April evening in 1974, is that the achievement of this record will inspire others to chase their own dreams."
:D

It is a great accomplishment which required skill, longevity and determination.

rofl.gif

It's skill if you do it the natural way.

Yup, and soo true, lol. Thats what insulin does to normal people, lol, not quite that much tho...

Back
Top Bottom