Very weird problem.

Spidervlad

Solid State Member
I just came back from my vacation which was a month, and turned on my comp. It turned on normally, but then when I had to restart it, whenever I go on my Admin user about 5 seconds after the user loads, the computer restarts. If I go on any other users, this won't happen. It loads up normally in Safe Mode.

Any ideas of how to fix this? I have Windows XP.

delete the admin user profile but backup what u need off of it first.

goto C:/documents and settings

and look at administrator and delete it then reboot and relog

Thank you for your support!

I did what you said but it had not worked.

Another thing that I found out is that I have 3 users, the first 2 that I use alot, and the 3rd one that I once made by accident and had only been there once.

The first one restarts at startup, the 2nd one doesn't restart and turns on normally. However, I haven't tried the 3rd one and did just now. To my surprise, it restarted at startup just like the first user... Very weird.

hmm thats very weird you said you can boot up in safe mode.

so boot into safe mode and run all your security / anti virus / windows defender / ad aware.

I did this, but it still restarts at startup.

I also want to point out some things I noticed

1) Every 1/5 times of starting the Admin user up it starts up normally, and when it does start up normally it gives me a message the Microsoft Windows isn't able to start up normally and then I have to press if "Send" or "Don't send" the error report. I just press don't send, and it pops up around 3 more times and then it stops. The user still works well after that.

2) If I make a new accout with Admin privelages, it will restart at startup just like my original one. Retarded thing is that if I place a password on it, it won't restart but there are very weird problems with it such as all my options returning to defaults no matter what I do on the passworded users, and some programs don't even work at all. All the startup programs such as anti-viruses dont start up on start up of windows at all.

Back
Top Bottom