DB errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down for quite some time last night. I logged in at around 9pm and was offline from ComputerForums until this morning.

I can just imagine how the UK people are affected by this because it's down when they're in the light of day. Here in the US, we're already asleep or just about getting ready to sleep.
It figures, I logged on at 8.30 am BST & it was already down then.

There was one going on when I tried to get on last night at 12:00 EST (04:00 GMT) and lasted all the way until an hour later when I gave up and went to bed.

Knowing nothing about mysql except that SQL stands for 'structered query language' & was originally developed by IBM, my question is that if it is causing major problems, is there another system we can use instead of mysql?

Knowing nothing about mysql except that SQL stands for 'structered query language' & was originally developed by IBM, my question is that if it is causing major problems, is there another system we can use instead of mysql?

My forum uses MySQL, but I will be honest. I have to BS my way through it because I am not proficient in it. But I have a program with my hosting company that has a managed MySQL database, so there are some extra tools.

The problem is with our forum our hosting our database or whatever , not mysql . How long was it fine before we started getting all theese database errors . And how many other forums use mysql and dont have a problem . The problem needs fixing for good not just change something over and hope it all go's away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom