New rig ordered

DJ-CHRIS1

Golden Master
Just ordered this (already got case, PSU and gfx)

Intel Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
eVGA 680 SLI (122-CK-NF68-A1)
4x 1GB PC-6400 Patriot Signature Line
BFG 8600GT OC
Antec Nine Hundred
Silverstone ST50EF-Plus
320GB WD SE16 (For OS)
320GB Seagate 7200.10 (From old rig, for unimportant files)
500GB Seagate 7200.10 (For important files that will be backed up)
Pioneer SATA DVD-RW Drive DVR-212D

congrats man i bet nowa days the Q6600 is 1 of the best seling processors i mean a Quad core for that price .... :eek:

im thinking of gettin the Q6600 in about 6 weeks could u give me some info please :)

what temp do they run on stock HS&F or is it reccomended to get an aftermrket HS ?
How OC'able are they ?

and thats about it cheers mate

Most people get any of the quad 2.4's above 3.0, and most recomend an aftermarket HS. I'm going to try my luck with the stock heatsink though. Also serious overclockers that happen to get aftermarket coolers and put more juice thru the CPU seem to get 3.4-3.6ghz on them.

alright cheers,

well i think wen i get mine ill get and aftermarket HS just for the noise.

and probably wont o'c it i mean i doubt there are many programs that can max out a Q6600 lol

only thing that sucks is probably no apps are made for a quad core so your going to need all the speed you can get on the 2 cores a game will use ;)

Yes, but running TS or vent in the background really won't effect him any more

You'll love that motherboard man. One of the best buys I made.

Hey, nice build :)

I'm also thinking of ordering the Q6600. It's only a few quid more than the Core 2 DUO I was going to get.

Hopefully, you'll get the g0 stepping which is new, and supposedly runs cooler, than the earlier B3 stepping. its hit and miss which one your going to get at the moment.

Either way, you should be able to overclock quite well.

Hey, nice build :)

I'm also thinking of ordering the Q6600. It's only a few quid more than the Core 2 DUO I was going to get.

Hopefully, you'll get the g0 stepping which is new, and supposedly runs cooler, than the earlier B3 stepping. its hit and miss which one your going to get at the moment.

Either way, you should be able to overclock quite well.

Hopefully a G0, but apparently the late B3's overclocked just as well.

alright cheers,

well i think wen i get mine ill get and aftermarket HS just for the noise.

and probably wont o'c it i mean i doubt there are many programs that can max out a Q6600 lol

You'd be suprised. Most programs only use two of the cores (or even 1), and the more speed you get the better. However, quad comes in handy for multitasking

Also with the board, the only annoying thing is the lack of eSATA on the back. Oh theirs a second that will hardly affect anyone, but apparently it can disagree with some PCI-X cards. I was planning on sticking two PCI-X cards in it, so they better work.

Hopefully a G0, but apparently the late B3's overclocked just as well.

You'd be suprised. Most programs only use two of the cores (or even 1), and the more speed you get the better. However, quad comes in handy for multitasking

yeah but the way i see it is i can run everything i normally would on 2 cores then put a game on the other 2 and therefore would hopefully run like a dream,

is there a program out there yet that will auto set certain programs to a certain affinity ?

they shud put 1 in vista SP1 or even 2 if it takes that long to do.

Back
Top Bottom