religon (if this offened any one im sorry ill have a mod take it down)

Perosonaly i don't believe in God or practice any religion i however do believe jesus was a real person as historical records have shown who lived around the time of 2000 years ago and he was killed by crucification . I beleive of jesus he was a nice man that did good by people but he did not carry out mmiracles I just think the stories in the bible are exaggerated over time and time of telling . Kind of like Chinese whispers . Or maybe people became confused . Such as this is one theory i have read
Jesus walked on a spot where there was at the point no water but then say 100yrs later when people where telling the story on the spot had become filled with water by flooding and so people just presumed he had walked on the water
i dont believe religion Mainly because a lot of religious teaching is sexist or homophobic values to people . Now i agree certain branches of christianity are choosing to ignore that teaching but the teaching is still there
It is also the cause of wars across the world . Such as the conflict in isreal is all down to the fact that apparently God promised the jews that land in the bible and so they want the arabs to leave . Also the conflict in the kashmir region to the north of pakistan and india is all down to the fact that there was a religious segregation there leading to one country claiming the land as theirs due to the decision of one religious leader
Peronaly i believe it was a way for people to explain things such as science is for us today the difference being that science can produce hard facts that can be fully explained whereas with the story of creation there are always questions such as who created God and where did all of the materials to produce the world come from . Whereas science can prove the big bang occurred
The teachings where also a great way to keep law and order as people believed if they committed sin they would go to hell
I still respect peoples right to chose a religion and practice that as they wish but what i really don't like is when people try to convert me to a religion or tell me if i don't believe i will go to hell or anything else of that matter .
If you practice a religion that is your personal choice but you have no right telling me i should practice a religion
Ok, I've been A christian for about 6-7 years.

I am currently a senior at a bible school and Have been studying it hardcore for like 4 years now.

Anyrate.

1. Evolution is not fact. Hence "Evolution Theory" or Darwin's Theory...Its still a theory...Give me one example of Marco Evolution happening today?...Right..there is none. Point taken.

Evoloution dosent just happen overnight but scientists must have proof if they are pretty sure evoloution is fact

yeah 98% of a chimps and humans DNA are the same, no way could you have made 2 seperate creatures with that kind of simmilarity

The Bible was written by God. He used human penmen. He inspired them to put everything God wanted in there.
For the prophecy and people being directly told by God to do something. Like actually seeing with human eyes, God. Look at 1 Corithians 13:8.

EDIT: Ummmm.... human dna and monkey dna is not 99% the same.

The Bible was written by God. He used human penmen. He inspired them to put everything God wanted in there.
For the prophecy and people being directly told by God to do something. Like actually seeing with human eyes, God. Look at 1 Corithians 13:8.

Even if that is true (I'm not going to say it is or isn't), it wasn't originally written in English, it was most likely Hebrew or some form of Arabic. Things can, and do get lost in translation.

To me People can believe what they like, I don't care as long they let me no to believe in anything.

any one ever watch that whole thing on discovery channel about knower's ark
and they make a lot of sense wouldnt a flood that large have left some type of scars and land marks on the world

Notice the big canyon in Arizona called the Grand Canyon... All types of caves too, Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, and so on.

Maybe the great flood could be just another way of saying , ice age .
As it is believed that some of the formation of the grand canyon was carried out by ice erosion

first of evolution is not a theory its cold hard scientific fact
ask any science teacher any one in the scientific community its pure fact
second off carbon dating is so precises its with in a couple hundred years
you cant deny scientific fact one of that being that the earth is billions of years old i have no problem with god and the rest of religion but theres things you just cant right off as wrong when there text book right
thats like saying the universe rotates the earth

Evolution is a theory. That's why it's called "The Theory of Evolution" or "Darwin's Theory of Evolution" It hasn't been proven as a law yet because there is so much debate about the issue.

Evolution is a theory. That's why it's called "The Theory of Evolution" or "Darwin's Theory of Evolution" It hasn't been proven as a law yet because there is so much debate about the issue.

true but there is so many facts that its basicly proven

Back
Top Bottom