Decent PCI Card for DVB

Wiredchild

In Runtime
Hello,

Quite simply i want to watch decent DVB on my PC but am very confused as to what PCI card to go for, can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction.

I'm not really wanting to spend more than £30 to be honest, if i can avoid it. All i want to do is watch DVB, though a recording functionality would be nice. I'm not interested in radio on the card, i find FM on a bog standard radio just fine.

Cheers.

DVB - Digital Video Broadcasting

just one of them cards that can pick up free view and all that kind of stuff.
as for recommendations im not too sure. just make sure the specs are good. if your gonna get it from a highstreet shop like pc world then id be careful as they sometimes sell some real crap things.

I know what a PCI slot/card is 4fingerninja? I'm just trying to work out which are good, not too expensive cards for picking up DVB (digital video broadcasts).

dude_se, I went into PC world the other night and was disgusted at how their cards are almost twice as expensive as online! You say i need to make sure the spec is good, but i'm quite clueless as to all the terminology and can't work out the difference between some £100 cards and £30 cards. What sort of functions/specs do i need to be looking for?

Thanks everyone.

No worries mate. Does anyone have a DVB recieving card which they are happy with and would recommend?

Back
Top Bottom