antivirus confusion please help!!!

no i don't think so the virus that was found on my system was VBS/Redlof
it entered i think from a cd which i used to download java application,
and it kinda spread to other folders also like some of my documents ,games,and movies..
and all the above said applications are still working without any problem but i wonder if i delete my contents in my virus vault would it affect these??

it's true you can't run two antiviruses at the same time, they will indeed conflict.

and the best way to delete a virus is in safe mode.

-edit-

as long as you know what the name of the file is, just google the name for the fix.

how i could specifically delete viruses in safe mode when it has actually affected some of my programs and without deleting them.

i think it would be perfectly safe to delete the viruses in the vault and im like 95% sure all of your programs will still function properly.

as i said before if the virus is in a virus vault that is the same as putting it in qurantine so therfore the virus is not being used for anythign on your computer its just there because AVG cant find a fix for it at the moment

how i could specifically delete viruses in safe mode when it has actually affected some of my programs and without deleting them.

can you boot up to safe mode ? and is this a home pc or a laptop ? if it's a home pc, then as a last resort...you can take the HD out and move over the jumper in the back to make it a slave drive...

then hook it up in a friends pc or a second pc, scan the slave drive and it should find it and quarentine it. then move jumper back over to make it a master HD.

put it back into your computer ...the quarentined virus should not effect the boot process. and if that don't work then just do as fresh install of the OS...not all viruses can be fixed. if infact it ate most of the programs in the OS then repairing it may be impossable.

Back
Top Bottom