My cd / dvd burner will not burn, or be recognized as a burner. But will play disc's

apples0_17

Baseband Member
My cd / dvd burner will not burn, or be recognized as a burner. But will play disc's.

I can play cd's, watch movie DVD and play games with my DVD drive. But it has stopped working as a burner for some reason.

Media player keeps saying to connect a burner then restart the program, won't work in nero either.

Have tried a few things. Have changed conection from one SATA to the one next to it. Have uninstalled drivers and the primary IDE??? then re installed it, windows detects it but still the same. Have the latest firmware.

The burner is brand new, have not even burnt a DVD with it. Have burnt about 5-7 cd's though. Is about 5-6 months old, the whole computer is new.

It is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-212.

People have said to go into the properties menu of the burner and check that the recording tab is checked for burning etc. I do not have this tab come up. All I have is GENERAL AUTOPLAY HARDWARE SHARING.

It is really pi**ing me off.

Any ideas on what is going on and how I can fix it??

Cheers,
Peter
Australia

What brand name is the burner? you may want to go to the manufacturer's web page and D/L the latest drivers for it. on the other hand, if it's still brand new, i would take it back to the store where you bought it from, and exchange it for a different make and model.

you could try burning with a different software for burning. I use Roxio to burn DVD's and it was only $39 and that was two years ago. the burning software is getting cheaper every year. other than that, i can't think of anything else to do for now..

It might be too new for those programs to have support for it yet. Maybe you should try getting the latest version of nero.

have u tried downloading new firmware for it ?

if that dont work id jus send it back for replacement

Back
Top Bottom