Problems galore

pockey

Beta member
Alright for starters, whenever I go to a website it sometimes loads in codes. This happens in IE and Firefox. Also, whenever I download something, for somer reason it says that the file is corrupt and I can't extract it or there is something wrong and I cant run it. I can unzip it or extract with winrar. I keep trying to update to service pack2 for xp but I can't because of these issues.

Computer Specs if needed
Motherboard-ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Processor-AMD Atholon 64 2.41ghz
Video Card-Nvida 7800 GT
2 gigs of ram

If you just reformatted 3 hours ago then you probably won't mind reformatting again. Sounds to me like you got some kind of virus or malware. This time, put up your windows firewall right away, as soon as you connect to the internet, then install your virus software.

unplug the network cable whilst installing, and make sure the firewall is turned on before you plug it in.

It could only take seconds from the moment your computer reaches the Internet to get a virus if your computer is unprotected. I highly recommend root's method.

It could only take seconds from the moment your computer reaches the Internet to get a virus if your computer is unprotected. I highly recommend root's method.
Absolutely true, one time after a reformat I got the blaster worm, it was within minutes. Thats the one that gives you 60 seconds before it shuts your system down through NT\authority\system. It's a simple fix but just annoying.

I disconnect myself from the Internet until I have antivirus and firewall enabled, at least with the original definitions, because a little is better than nothing. Then I immediately update the definitions. Then I patch the computer.

I've found that since I've had my wireless router, a Linksys WRT54G (like 3 years), that when I have reformatted, I haven't had any problems with that kind of stuff, due to the routers firewall.

Back
Top Bottom