prime68

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
so i found this software not really knowing what it is i dled it to find out its a program to search for a mersenne prime number w/e that is but it also doubles as a good stress test hah i ran it for a hour and a half at 100 percent cpu load and my cpu never reached over 150 degrees farehiet at 1.3 volts its a P4 2.9 ghz with a stock cooler is this good for this particuler cpu?

By my calculations, 150 degrees F = 51 degrees Celsius, so that is pretty good for a stock cooler. It could be lower, but as I said, for a stock cooler, that isn't too shabby for 1.5 hours 100% load.

150 F is more like 65 'C which isnt too bad for 100% load.

also i have tried that prime 95 but i cnt seem to make it use all of my P D ?

do i have to run 2 of them ?

65C isn't too bad for full load on that cpu. I assume it's not overclocked or those temps would be much higher.

150 F is more like 65 'C which isnt too bad for 100% load.

also i have tried that prime 95 but i cnt seem to make it use all of my P D ?

do i have to run 2 of them ?

yes you do run affinity your temps will increase a lot when you run 2 instead of 1(only half load)

no im not OCed its a P4 clocked at 2.9 ghz at 1.3 volts i ran it last night all night proly 8 hours prolly not good for it but it still never went over 150 degrees farenhiet i cant OC as far as i know because the bios is locked im still running stck cooling and what is a mersenne prime number what if i have one?

...and what is a mersenne prime number what if i have one?
A Mersenne prime number is a special type of prime number, where when one is added to it, it is a power of two. E.g. 7, 31, 127.

I know one way to find such a prime number is to take 2 to the power of another prime number and subtract one; it's always prime. :D

Prime 95 or Orthos is the standard for testing a overclocks stability. When you get your new system since your getting a dual core you need to run 2 instances of prime95. That way each core is maxed at 100% Or just download orthos which is already setup for dual cores so you don't have to work around running 2 prime95 apps.

Don't worry your not going to find a mersenne prime number the software was designed to find in 8 hours. With new processors it still probally takes a week to work out 1 set of numbers.

Back
Top Bottom