religon (if this offened any one im sorry ill have a mod take it down)

I dont belive in and Religion, But i respect other people that do. I belive in Evoloution. Ok, i belive that jesus or w/e might have existed, and that he might have been a good man, but i dont belive in mirical's or anything like that...

If it's all about forgiving and such, why wouldn't people that aren't saved be forgiven and welcomed into heaven?

I'm not really entangled in any faith right now and in a world that has become so reliant on science, the necessity of religion to answer some of the questions we have has become ... well, irrelevant. Sorry if that offends anyone. I do respect all the different religions and I understand why most people that are affiliated with religious groups are so closely connected, but it really just doesn't work out for me.

it seems as time goes on religion and faith in a "god" is becoming less and less
and faith in science is becoming more and more
i wounder if this is a good thing or bad?
with out religion we would have no holy war or Hitlers finial solution
we'd just has to deal with race, and one day we will all merge into one race
because of the constant interracial sex
so is religion diapering for the better or worse ?

IMO, i dont buy into religion at all.. just think its totally fictional, however, that is just my own opinion.. if someone else wants to believe in god and all that, thats their choice, i wont try to stop them.. unless they try to ram it down your throat. thats when it gets annoying.

if religion wasnt the cause for wars, something else would be.. people will always find an excuse..

Here is my theory on the dinosaurs. When God created humans humans were originally supposed to live forever, but when man sinned, man started to die. The Bible says that Adam lived around 900 years. just think. The jawbone in a human never stops growing. Just imagine after 900 years. The bones will be deformed after 900 years. The dinosaurs I believe lived longer as well back then. I think they also kept growing. 900 years I mean come on. I think they will grown. That's my explanation. I am a Christian. I have trusted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. I recommend you do to. I will try not to offend anyone. I will just tell you what I believe is truth. I you die without Jesus when you die you will go to a place called hell. See Jesus died for our sins. In the old testament the only way to forgive sin is to shed innocent blood. A lamb was used. Jesus is the perfect lamb. He lived a sinless life and died on the cross for every one in this world. It is all a matter of believing. I just would rather trust a perfect holy God than trust some human scientist that belives we came from a big bang.

Interesting points you have made....

Here is on my take on things....

The onset of religion was brought about to explain the unexplainable, inherently the concept of religion was to bring about order to a disordered world, it was the first set of laws which were brought about, and in fact the ten commandments still form the basis of most of the western world legislative structures.

The arguements for there being a god, in whatever form can come from numerous arguments, the teleological (design) argument, which basically says that the world is too complex to come about through chance.

The Ontological argument says by examining the concept of God, and arguing that it implies the actual existence of God; that is, if we can conceive of God, then God exists — it is thus self-contradictory to state that God does not exist.

However I always find it interesting that the 3 main religions of this world, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all stem from the same background, from the same books and also acknowledge the same figures in history regarding it, to a lesser or greater extent.

I could write forever on this subject but you are asking my views on religion, I don't know what I believe, I do feel there has to be something which exists, but what it is I don't. In the quote which you gave, you said that if you do not accept Jesus as lord and saviour, that he died for our sins, then those who didn't would go to hell. The actual definition of hell, is actually 'without god'. What they are saying, is that if you do not accept, then you will not be in the presence of God, and that is what hell is defined at. Through the implementation of other religions, beliefs hell has now developed to be what is thought of this fire and brimstone place.

Every war that has taken place over the last few centuries, if not thousands of years religion has been cited for the reason. Its man's corruption of religion which is in essence a set of principles to live by, it has been used to further man's own goals and achievements.

A book which I have found very interesting to read, and is thoroughly a fictional account, is Memnoch the Devil, by Anne Rice, it offered a different perspective, if not interesting view. On the christian viewpoint, I remember reading a book which is now out of print, but called the Last Seven Years. It again offered a fictional account of what the end of the world would be according to the books of Ezekial and Revelations, (the two books which discuss most about the end of the world).

So for me its not about religion its about behaving in a manner which demonstrates how I want to be treated, its about offering respect where it is due, about behaving in a manner which does not prejudice, discriminate, bully or belittle others, its about giving opportunities to allow others to seize upon the opportunities which are offered. It is about being a good friend to my friends, putting myself on the line for others, and allowing myself to learn from others where I do not know better. To listen to their viewpoint, and not to judge and condemn.

I am not saying that I achieve this everyday, but I like to think that my friends trust me, and can talk to me, they can come to me when they are in trouble.

If it's all about forgiving and such, why wouldn't people that aren't saved be forgiven and welcomed into heaven?

Because being accepted into heaven is as simple as believing. God loves everyone, but can't accept you unless you put your faith in Him. You put your faith in God and you are accepted. The Bible states that all you have to have is the faith of a mustard seed. While being forgiven for sins is great, that doesn't mean God wants you to go around killing people, or just sinning because you know you will be forgiven. I don't have as big of a desire to do all the worldly things that everyone else is caught up in because God is working in my life.

well said glasseyeuk
and jesusfrk611 i have a theory for you
ok theres a god and a jesus but isn't is very possible that since the bible was written by man and not by god that some of it could have been made up
stretched the truth or just translated wrong?
ever play telephone? try that but threw a couple thousand years of languige and the changing of definitions
isnt it very possible we interpret the bible wrong?

any way
any one ever watch that whole thing on discovery channel about knower's ark
and they make a lot of sense wouldnt a flood that large have left some type of scars and land marks on the world
would we see a mass exstinction of many different plants and animials around that type? (if any one says the end of the dino's wow =[....)

GlasseyeUK, that made a lot of sense.

I do believe myself that Relgion was put in place as a rule thumb for people to believe to carry on life, in an orderly way, so that they won't do harm to people and the world in horrible ways, etc.

So at least, when they die, and up to the point where they die, they believe that something is going to happen. Something to live for/to live up to.

People need hope, we know that. Religion is the hope many people serve by.

Personally I believe in God and Jesus. Not because I feel I have to be a christian, or I'm afraid to go to hell, I believe because I want to. Throughout my life I've seen and experienced things to where I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt there is a God. But I'm not going to knock anybody for what they believe, I greatly respect everybody's point of view. lol that and I don't have enough faith to be a atheist.

Im about half and half. The bible seems to leave some things out. For instance, where are the dinosaurs? We have proof that they existed, yet they are never mentioned.

Actually they are mentioned once, as "Behemoths" in the book of Leviticus I think. It talks of then co-existing with humans.

there were tons of carnovirous dinos and the T-Rex was a huge one that was a fact, another fact is that no human or decendent ever lived that long ago. is that really in the bible:confused:

Rudster, I know humans and stuff didn't exist that long ago, but according to the bible, humans were made right after earths creation.

Actually in the first book of the bible it speaks of two creations as it were.

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

-Genesis 1:1-2

The key thing in the first verse in the period at the end the sentence. Biblically from when that sentence ends and the next one begins could be any number of years, decades or millennia. Also, in the second verse it the original text it is believed that it could also be translated to "And the earth was made void". This references to a earlier creation in other texts that didn't make the into the bible. The first creation was believed to have happened between the 1st and 2nd verse and the reason the earth was made void was the "Apostasie" where angels dwelled among men and mated with humans. This is where it speaks of when "The Devil" (Called Lucifer in the Bible) became "evil". Biblically he is not some red goat man with pointed horns and a pitchfork...he looks like a man, and according to the bible and damn well handsome one at that. When it speaks of the earth being "void" it's believed that God made the earth void, most believe God "shook" the earth which gave it it's tilt...in some passages of the bible it talks of the earth before it had a tilt and seasons...and even beore rain...but that's another post haha

But anyway all that was going off the top of my head, so please don't take it was the gospel truth lol...My dad is a biblical scholar so all this is from what he's told me or from studying the original texts. But alot of what my dad taught me went over my head so parts may be left out...but you get general jist of where I was going;)

Free Will....they made the choice to not believe in God through life, just as people who are saved made the choice to believe. God gives people free will throughout their life to make their own choices, God doesn't want forced love...he wants a person to love Him because they choose to. A parent doesn't force their child to love them, it wouldn't really be love as much as a fear, but my only being 17 I'm not a father but I'm sure it's a helluva feeling to be loved by your child.

To a perfect God he couldn't allow something non-perfect to dwell among Him. But by that token it's a given that no mortal is perfect, so that's where Jesus comes in, in the Bible it says "For without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins" (I can't remember the exact book and verse but I can find it if someones wants that reference)

By Jesus coming and dying on the cross he made it possible for regular people to approach God one on one. Where as before they couldn't because of their sin and had to have priests and prophets approach God once a year for them, but accepting Jesus doesn't make you perfect, good Lord far from it. You will still struggle daily with temptations and life won't be "easy", sometimes it's harder because of your faith. but because He died you can still be forgiven;)

Back
Top Bottom