DX10 card for AGP?

gplpark92

BSOD
I see theres a new ATi HD2600x for AGP - is this for real?

this'd be awesome
it'll give my old PC some life

how is the performance compared to my current XFX 7600GT?

Yeah, there are AGP form factor DX10 cards being released from both nvidia and ati, AGP is still a solution for a hefty amount of computers so it would only make sense. The 2600 should perform on par with the 7600GT but you won't see enormous leaps and gains in performance when using DX9 applications.

Yeah, there are AGP form factor DX10 cards being released from both nvidia and ati, AGP is still a solution for a hefty amount of computers so it would only make sense. The 2600 should perform on par with the 7600GT but you won't see enormous leaps and gains in performance when using DX9 applications.

I want good DX10 performance, and DX9 performance thats equivalent to what i have right now (i love my 7600GT)

will the HD2900 do that?

Well, I haven't caught wind of the Radeon HD 2900 XT's debut to AGP, but if that is indeed the case, the AGP version of that card would exceed your requirements in terms of performance, especially with the impressive driver releases from AMD lately, the PCI-E version is challenging the 8800GTX in some areas. Anyways, if you can get your hands on that card you won't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom