How does courier work?

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Sorry for the stupid question, but I've never had anything in my life come from UPS, Purolator or FedEX. What happens if you're not home? What happens if they can't find your house? How many times will they come back? I don't have a physical street address so if I ordered anything I'd kinda have to find a way to explain how to get on this street.

They use GPS. and in UK if you werent home they would take the package to your local post office :) and give u a slip saying we tried to deliver but u werent home.

I don't know about Canada, but in the U.S., UPS and Fedex may just leave it on your doorstep or leave a note on your door, depending on the value of the item. Usually they will give you three chances for delivery before returning to the sender. Nowadays, you get a tracking number and you can track your package on each truck as it comes closer to your location. The last screen it will show is "Out for Delivery", which means it's on one of the trucks in the city going house to house.

I dont understand...

I don't have a physical street address so if I ordered anything I'd kinda have to find a way to explain how to get on this street.

Could you elaborate? If you are in like an apartment complex, they will leave it at the office. Any questions?

yeah if you live somewhere they will find you :D
i ordered my parts from newegg via UPS and an off-duty UPS driver ended up delivering the package because she was in the area and if she hadnt i wouldnt have got it till monday(it was friday) didnt matter though my psu was DOA :mad:

Well they just send the package to your door, if you aren't home they'll leave a slip on your doorknob saying, "hey we were here, but you weren't" then you can sign off on the thing and they'll usually come back the next day take your signature and you can scribble a little message granting them permission to stash your delivery some where safe if you still won't be available the following day.

UPS usually just leaves the package inside my gate (I live in the country)... Haven't had anyone steal them yet. Sometimes they will leave us that slip and we have to go to the post office to get it, I think that's when a package is delivered via USPS though.

UPS usually just leaves the package inside my gate (I live in the country)... Haven't had anyone steal them yet. Sometimes they will leave us that slip and we have to go to the post office to get it, I think that's when a package is delivered via USPS though.

yeah USPS leaves a slip UPS drops it off.

USPS where I live just drops it off. Nowadays my people are getting too lazy to even ring the doorbell. Just leave it. Maybe two hours later, I go out and see the packages at my doorstep and wonder how long they have been there.

Back
Top Bottom