Hospital waiting times.

I have not thought allot of the NHS since about two years ago when my wife started complaining of horrendous pain in her calf mussel, we had just got back from our holiday and had been driving for some distance but had regular stops/breaks on the way home, when she said to me that she could not stand her jeans touching her leg, by this point I was getting a little worried so I took her to the hospital for a check up, after a blood test and an examination the doctor thought it was muscular and not to worry about it and sent us home.
Three days later we get a phone call from a DVT nurse saying you better come up for some treatment you have a blood clot in your leg, when we met the nurse she asked us what medication the hospital had given her when we were up previously, nothing we said just told to take some pain killers and see if it settles down, the nurse was in complete shock and said they didn't give you any warferine as a precaution, no we replied so she told us that my wife could have dropped down dead anytime over the last couple of days.
What a miss diagnoses blunder they made thankfully it got caught before it was to late.
Wow, that's terrible. Glad everything worked out. I don't know if the doctor was just incompetent in your case or if he was just tired, over-worked, and didn't realize what he was doing.

But, yeah, if a doctor messes up it could be the end of you :eek:

I think a lot of the problems are that doctors are overworked as there are not enough so they can miss textbook things as they are rusing around trying to cram as many patients as possible in

We have a place called Urgent Care over here. It's not a hospital, but you can go there if you have as little as a mild cold all the way to a gaping cut. Not sure if they handle broken bones, but it would make sense to. Their waiting times aren't long at all according to everyone that goes there says. My uncle cut his scalp open and he got in pretty quick there. My mom had some kind of sting (or maybe it was a random sickness...) and she got in pretty fast there.

We had a person slip and fall on a just mopped floor at work yesterday (she said she didn't see the wet floor signs, and the guy was even mopping in front of them). The ambulances were there pretty fast. She had broken a rib or something and couldn't breathe very well.

its not like a leg in pain is life threatining. other people with more serious condtions are treated first its not like just because you came in first you should be treated before the guy with a gunshot wound to the leg. i had to wait when i completely just shattered my arm, i had to wait when i split my head open 1/4" away from my eye.

i know you were concerned but what would like them to do open up a room that could go to somebody who could die??

think about other people dude, everytime i go to hosptials i always think of how lucky i am to be a normal(for the most part) happy 13 year old boy. other people in there are spending time with loved ones because they might never see them again

its not like a leg in pain is life threatining. other people with more serious condtions are treated first its not like just because you came in first you should be treated before the guy with a gunshot wound to the leg. i had to wait when i completely just shattered my arm, i had to wait when i split my head open 1/4" away from my eye.

i know you were concerned but what would like them to do open up a room that could go to somebody who could die??

think about other people dude, everytime i go to hosptials i always think of how lucky i am to be a normal(for the most part) happy 13 year old boy. other people in there are spending time with loved ones because they might never see them again

You either never read my post 20 or don't know what a DVT is, Deep Vain Thrombosis is very life threatening, if the blood clot reaches you hart your dead mate.

You either never read my post 20 or don't know what a DVT is, Deep Vain Thrombosis is very life threatening, if the blood clot reaches you hart your dead mate.

the odds of a kid having a blood clot are very low specially that young. and you not neccesarrily dead you just have a heart attack and many people survive but yes it is life threating

the odds of a kid having a blood clot are very low specially that young. and you not neccesarrily dead you just have a heart attack and many people survive but yes it is life threating

Any one can get a blood clot, do you go abroad? if so do you fly, if so then then the risk is much greater.

Didnt he say it was his wife who had the clot?

Anyway glad to hear everything was ok :)

If you ever get a blood clot, you'll probably rethink that. A lot of people don't survive, including several of my close family members.

I was recently in hospital after dislocating my shoulder, I was waiting for about an hour to be seen, then another 40min for it to be xrayed. Luckily it seemed to be a quiet night as I was out of there after about 3hrs.

Oh and me wanting to punch the doctor, for the pain of putting the shoulder back in place.

Back
Top Bottom