DELL, What do you mean £615, advice please

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
After seeing a 615 pound bill for what can only be described as a medium quality system i decided only one plan of action is required. Self build, this will be my first self-build and so i am not sure if i have everything i need, i know i have basic components, but what cables or other goodies are required, and what changes if any should i make, Also any tips for a newbie builder.

buildproposalin3.png

Thanks in advance,
And its great to be back on the forum.

Tom

I am only going by the specs instead of the pounds, but why are you getting two sticks of 512MB and 1 stick of 1GB, when you can just get two sticks of 1GB and dual-channel? Just wondering.

EDIT: Just realized that said "2X1GB Corsair" so there are two sticks of that RAM too. Sorry about that. :eek:

everything looks ok but you'll be needing a operating system and power supply

So can anyone suggest a good PSU, that was kinda bothering me, i dont know how many watts/volts i need.

Also wat cables do i need to buy or will they be supplied with the items???

well the motherboard usually comes with 1 - 2 sata cables and an IDE cable so u shud be ok with that.

also does that case not come with a power supply ?

if not then i think you will need about 450 Watts minimum i would get like to be safe though

if your ever unsure on what PSU wattage u will need try this.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

and jus to be safe add like 50 watts on top of whatever it tells u.
that 450 Watts was a guess but ill put ur stuff into there and see what u need exactly.

according to that u need 384 Watts so add 50 and u might as well get a 450W

my guess wasnt too far off :D also if you plan on adding another hardrive or DVD drive then u mgiht need the extra

Back
Top Bottom