Best cpu cooler (air)

I really like my Ultra 120 Extreme. It runs my C2D at around 47* load, when my 9700 ran around 55-58*. My E6300 has always been a hot one, or the thermal sensors just aren't reading right.

If you do go with that, get two identical fans and some double sided tape and tape a fan to the backside, it helps a bit.

I really like my Ultra 120 Extreme. It runs my C2D at around 47* load, when my 9700 ran around 55-58*. My E6300 has always been a hot one, or the thermal sensors just aren't reading right.

If you do go with that, get two identical fans and some double sided tape and tape a fan to the backside, it helps a bit.

Its possible you didn't have the Zalman installed correctly. There shouldn't be that big a difference in load temps. I believe max is roughly 3-5C difference looking at various HSF reviews @ load.

Yeah, I saw Custom PC using the Tunique Tower on their rig to test out DELL PC's compared to built ones.

do you know of any reviews of that? i wouldnt mind reading about it

EDIT: i love my 9500 cooler. it got my athlon x2 4800+ up to the 3ghz mark and with idle temps of 38 and max load temps of 53. plus its just such a big landmark inside my case it looks great

- Tuniq Tower 120
- Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
- Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX
- Zalman CNPS-9500
- Zalman CNPS-9700

All of those are highly capable air coolers, but if you ask me, the Tuniq Tower 120 is the King of all air coolers.

Its possible you didn't have the Zalman installed correctly. There shouldn't be that big a difference in load temps. I believe max is roughly 3-5C difference looking at various HSF reviews @ load.

After about 15 installs, using different amounts of Arctic Silver 5 every time, I think at least one would have been right. Mine could have just been a factory defective. Doesn't matter now, I like my Extreme anyway.

Maybe, but lapping is not something I really want to get into right now.

Back
Top Bottom