Start up problem

edbs357

Baseband Member
okay i have a problem with a computer. it is an old pc that my step dad put in together a long time ago

when i try to turn it on it stops booting up right before doing the memory check at the beginning. i've tried restarting, i swapped for some old memory sticks (the ones that i had before upgrading) but it still freezes at the same point so i think that it is not a ram problem

here are some specs:

1. Asus P4T motherboard socket 423 intel 850 chipset
2. Pentium 4 processor 1.4 ghz
3. Asus v7100 series geforce 2 mx 400/200 graphic card
4. soundblaster sound card
5. 2 256mb RDRAM memory sticks

the computer powers up fine until i come to that memory check, then it freezes i have no idea how to proceed. Thanks for your help

No one has any suggestions?

Please, i need help I am stuck at this point. I appreciate any help.

hmm if u have tried diff RAM and its still not working then i dnt know what it could be.

theres not alot you can do seeing as you probably cant even boot from floppy to flash your bios ?

Can you get into the bios? if you can set your 1st boot to cd then put in your xp cd and follow these instructions .

http://webcast.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=8658

TBH mate i dont think that will work as it sounds like he cant even get passed the bios flash screen.

IMO it will either be RAM or motherboard because nothing else apart from the CPU is accessed at that point.
well i suppose the PSU is but i highly doubt that.

do you have any expansion cards . try removing them and c if it will boot then

Back
Top Bottom