Logitech X-540s?

kchi55

Fully Optimized
I just placed an order on a set of X-540s for 35 dollars, just wondering how these perform. I'm convinced that I got a decent deal for 35 but still if anyone has exp with these speakers could you just fill me in on the overall performance?
thanks in adv. kchi55

I just got a set from my sister a few days ago, and they are pretty good, nice bass, they go pretty loud, and I like the control thing with the volume control, bass control, power, and the matrix thing I have to figure out what that is. I think its simulated 5.1 surround sound if you don't have a sound card that supports it. Overall, they are pretty good.

alright good to hear, I can't wait, i'm using 2.1 Z3s from logitech right now, i'm hoping for a nice boost in sound quality/volume. thanks for the quick response.

My roommate has those exact speakers. They're all right. I cranked it up to test it out the other day. It rattles a lot at high volume, especially the bass. But under normal volume, you can't complain too much--plus, the price is good too.

OMG, yes they are without a doubt. They're the most powerful speakers EVER for a computer system. Nothing can match that!!! Get it!!!!

Hehe, they are amazing!
Just don't run them through Direct.
The sound is poor compared to Optical/Coaxial (not tried Coaxial yet, but its still Digital), but never run Z-5500's through the 3 jacks on standard sound cards, it just doesn't do them justice at all, ánd they sound closed and less vibrant.

You only need to plug them up to the Xbox 360/PS3 to discover the Digital connections are the best solution, when playing music especially.

If you only have teh three jack connections, and don't have optical outs, unless you are buying a new sound card, I wouldn't bother buying the Z-5500's.
Honestly, I can tell the difference, and spending so much on a powerful system like that, to hamper them, is no good at all.
I'm going to get the Coaxial working on my X-Fi soon... I hope, or I may just carry on streaming music through the 360.

To the average person, they do sound really good even when plugged into the motherboard directly. But those that are really into sound can probably notice a difference, but I can't. Compare this to your normal 5.1 setup, and there is a difference. I feel it's more clear, especially in the midrange of the frequency spectrum. The problem is the treble. I feel this is a bit lacking on the Z-5500. Bass, wow, you can't complain about the bass because it's the most powerful I have ever heard compared to the X-540's or other speakers for that matter.

Bit dissapointed with the mid range with rock/metal music, but maybe thats because the highs don't seem spread out enough, if thats what you mean.

I usually run in Pro-Logic 2 Movie mode, with the centre, set to just above middle, and surround 3 notches off full, and bass 1 off full. Sounds great pumped... but haha, dance/trance music needs bass turning down :p

Its a shame I can't pump these though. The bass travels too far, and you can hear it clearly where my dad teaches.

Back
Top Bottom