I'm so Tired of DIAL-UP!!!

i got a crappy Wireless orange box that never works, orange sucks, never ever go with them, please.

i got a crappy Wireless orange box that never works, orange sucks, never ever go with them, please.

i hate orange soo much when it comes to broadband . Firstly they are selling the package we have now with 2mb broadband yet they refuse to upgrade us
also my mate has the livebox and it is a crock of s**t that never works oh and if something goes wrong you have to pay 50p a minuite to listen to a guy in india read a piece of card oh and the ammount of times i have had connection problems is immensely annoying
Only about 12 months ago i had dial up and i must admit it was pretty rubish and looking back i wouldnt go back on dial up but at least you have some internet , there are loads of people out there that have no internet

Well, the sprint mobile is pretty good, much better than satellite. I get like 700obs up sometimes. Thats as good as troy's DSL, altho the download speed is not as good, but thats not a huge deal, I dont mind leaving a download on overnight or something. A long as I get decent upload speed, but I am going to try the cingular one out, and if I get around 1mb down and 600 up like sprint but a lil better, than maybe I'll keep it.

i'm moving to a new flat up the road in a month, they are wired for fibre cable and in theory will get 'upto' 100meg down but have heard the pings/quality are are shot to hell at the moment. i may just go for the ~24meg adsl (it's about 30metres from the exchange). I am also installing alot of newly ordered 3g cards at work, they are all getting 1.8meg even sat in the middle of a field in the Pyrenee's, rather impressive for my coworkers on the road most of the time.

I do miss the beeping and farting of a dial up modem though.

Wait... there's someone else in the world on dialup other than me? ZOMG!

All sarcasm aside, I know what you mean and I hate it too. When I have to, I just bring my laptop to the library and use their public wireless connection... otherwise I just live with it. I connect anywhere from 30-40kbps on my 56kbps connection and I live in the only street in this town that doesn't have broadband access. Plus the cable company has "no plans" of installing service here.

I considered satellite internet, and someone down the street has it, but they said it's dodgy (especially with Newfoundland/Labrador weather in the summer and Canada's winters) and the ping was horrible and the plans start at like $60 a month going up to $250 a month just for 2mbps. We have satellite TV that constantly loses its signal whenever the weather conditions aren't too great, and sometimes when the weather conditions are okay, so I'd rather have slower internet that I can access whenever I want (unless Bell ----s up the phone line like they do all the time) then a semi-fast internet with a horrible ping that could lose its signal and disconnect in a second.

i hate orange soo much when it comes to broadband . Firstly they are selling the package we have now with 2mb broadband yet they refuse to upgrade us
also my mate has the livebox and it is a crock of s**t that never works oh and if something goes wrong you have to pay 50p a minuite to listen to a guy in india read a piece of card oh and the ammount of times i have had connection problems is immensely annoying
Only about 12 months ago i had dial up and i must admit it was pretty rubish and looking back i wouldnt go back on dial up but at least you have some internet , there are loads of people out there that have no internet

its a load rubbish with them aint it, I guess you are with Unlimited like me. they upgraded my internet for free from 2 mb to 8 MB when we moved from Wanadoo to orange. I only get 6 Mb mind but they also gave me a free livebox that doesnt work, ever. The itnernet cuts out at random times. I've had wires replaced by BT, only to find out that the really cause is orange. They cantt ake the amount of people on and it just disconnects. The speed goes up and down in huge amounts., i come on at 5.9 by the end of they day im lucky to get 4.0. it takes the micky. As soon as my contract is up 5 or 6 months still :S im out and im on to a different provider.

I'm supposed to have 768KBPS DSL, but everytime I do a speedtest I only get 76KBPS. And the whole week i've been disconnected probably 1000 times (I disconnect about twice a minute) and I called verizon, and they said it's normal. I would change service, but all my stupid phone pole has is verizon DSL. No fios, no time warner, nothing. Just Verizon DSL and crap dial-up. Talk about hogging the line.

Back
Top Bottom