Video stretched across two monitors

wee493

In Runtime
I recently bought two Acer 19" 700:1; 1440x900; 5ms; DVI monitors and i was wanting to know some dual monitor tips and tricks, and of you can stretch a video or Game across both monitors?:) :) :) :)

Yeah man. When you hook it up, it will give you some options. One will say: Use as one monitor or something along those lines. My suggestion: keep all gadgets and widgets on one monitor and work on the other.

You can create a single stretched view as long as your GPU supports it. You would need to go into your GPU settings and find the multiple monitor displays wizard and select horizontal span to stretch it across both displays.

A second look shows a 8600gt as your GPU so it should support that. Check out the Nvidia control panel and give it a try. I just run extended mode and put my gadgets on the 2nd display.

Well, actually when you plug the second monitor in, XP and Vista both give you a prompt, so you wont even have to go into the nVidia CP.

You could try running games in windowed mode and dragging them across both screens. I'm not sure if it will look very good but it's worth a try.

Well, actually when you plug the second monitor in, XP and Vista both give you a prompt, so you wont even have to go into the nVidia CP.

yh but if the g card dont support it then he cant do it,

when i plugged mine in it was an nvidia wizard that came up asking bout how i want them set up not a windows 1 ???

if u have nvidia u shud have 3 settings i think.

mirror
span
dual screen / indipendant

you want span

Back
Top Bottom