I'm desperate....

I'm assuming both RAM sticks are the same here.

Grab Memtest86+ on a floppy, or get a spare CD, and then, pop out the working stick. Then, slap in the other stick. If it works, try testing it. If there's no errors, then try the other stick on the third slot, without the first one. If that works, put the first one in the first slot. If it doesn't work, there's conflicts with both sticks. You could always try the second slot.

Yeah, you did everything right. I'm assuming both sticks are of the same kind since XMS2 is usually sold in pairs, so it wouldn't be a compatibility thing. Try the second stick in the second slot (pattern would be Taken|Taken|Empty|empty) so we can eliminate a bad slot on the motherboard as the problem.

Yea I did try that and it didn't work. When I install the second stick in the second or third slot, neither work. The screen just comes up black with nothing on it.

Well, then if you also did what lhuser suggested I would say you have a bad stick of RAM.

I think he just might have a bad stick of RAM causing the whole thing.

EDIT: Gosh darn celegorm you did it again <grin>

"Oh oh I'm magic! You know..."

lol what song is that from (when you replace I'm with it's).

we are just good like that, same wave length. I love it.

Does it happen to be called "oh oh it's magic, ya know...", other than that, your guess is as good as mine. LOL

Back
Top Bottom