Bandwith speed

JesusOfSub

Beta member
I just have a quick question. My internet speed does not seem to be up to speed. According to http://www.speedtest.net i get:

247 kb/s download
234 kb/s upload
84 ms latency

Now, I don't know what all of that really means compared to others. However, from what I'm reading, it is far below the normal speed for a cable internet connection. Basically what I'm looking to find out is this, is there any settings i can change or anything else I can do, for free, that will fix this issue?

Thanks for your help,
A distressed surfer

What is the speed you are paying for? I get the same thing, I pay for 3 MBps, but I only download at 300 kbps and upload at 128 kbps. It is probably caused by environmental factors, such as the condition of the cables in your area. Probably nothing you can do.

BTW, welcome to CF.

Thanks... To be honest with you, I'm not too sure as to what speed we pay for. I didn't take care of getting my internet connection. I'll look into that though

Internet companies can do a good job of screwing you over on bandwidth. I previously had the 768 kbps connection, and the download was only about 120 kbps and upload was only about 60 kbps. Mostly you NEVER get what you pay for, and they will give you every excuse in the book that it is not them, but it really is.

find out what your paying for and call your ISP.

also go to network connections right click your internet connection and go to properties and uncheck the QoS thingy

Back
Top Bottom