I'm so Tired of DIAL-UP!!!

Accross the lake, lol, how did you do that? Buy a mile of Cat5 cable, lol. No, noone near me has high speed, my grandpa does, but he lives 3 miles farthur out of town. He gets t6broadband, and we could get that too if it wasnt for John Hues. There is a guy that owned the tallest piece of property in mchenry county that lives near me, but apparently john hues, director of home alone, and very rich, lol, was jealous. So he made is ski hill taller, and that ski hill blocks the line of site to the nearest tower. Rich, people, ruining our lives, lol.

Does anyone know how fast the cingular 4g service is supposed to be? And if I signed up for the current 3g service, would I be able to upgrade do you think?

Ok, my dad has the sprint card, and when he is home from work I can use it. I just tested the speeds. At one spot I can get around 700kbs down, and the same up. Thats pretty good upload speeds isnt it? ATTs 6mb connection has 784kbs upload, so I wouldnt have much slower with this sprint card right?

Because where I live high speed is not available to me. But I bought a series of things, and I connect to my grandmas fiber internet across the lake, lol.

If it is wireless, and the party who has the internet doesn't agree to you using their Internet, that is actually a misdemeanor, considered "Theft of Services". People get arrested for stuff like that. I read once of a guy sitting outside of a Starbucks in his car on his laptop using Starbucks Internet, and he was arrested. He was not a paying customer of Starbucks, so he was "stealing" their Internet.

oops, my neighbours dont give a s**t though. theyve got loads of dogey crap on their network

Well, I guess those dreams of pwning n00bs in CS:S are out the window. I feel sorry for you... now ever my meager 1.2 mb/s connection seems alright..

@ dude_se : Like what?

I normally connect at around 46.6KB/S in XP and 42.6KB/S in Vista. I don't know why I connect slower in vista kinda strange.

I was actually looking at satallite internet again tonight after I bought Lost Planet only to find out I need high speed for it.

Just curious is verizon wireless broadband any good? I saw I could get a PC card for it not sure if i've got service or not but maybe worth a call. I still have a hard time dropping $300 on a dish then paying $80 a month for 1.0mb/s down and 200kb/s up.

Well, I guess those dreams of pwning n00bs in CS:S are out the window. I feel sorry for you... now ever my meager 1.2 mb/s connection seems alright..

@ dude_se : Like what?
loads of random computers are online usually and they keep changing. now they have 4 on filled with music, age of empires, loads of stargate, and random pictures and just random things. they seem to enjoy downloading as much as i do :)

I normally connect at around 46.6KB/S in XP and 42.6KB/S in Vista. I don't know why I connect slower in vista kinda strange.

I was actually looking at satallite internet again tonight after I bought Lost Planet only to find out I need high speed for it.

Just curious is verizon wireless broadband any good? I saw I could get a PC card for it not sure if i've got service or not but maybe worth a call. I still have a hard time dropping $300 on a dish then paying $80 a month for 1.0mb/s down and 200kb/s up.

get wired internet. dont get satellite unless u have to.

I've heard satellite internet is horribly slow and has awful ping. I think it's overpriced and not worth the money.
I hate dialup, I had it for a few years through AOL and it was slow and I had no patience for it. I think out of all the internet connections I've had, DSL is my favorite because the speed is the most consistent. I get 5mpbs down and I get around 400kbps up.

Back
Top Bottom